My Ace 350 hunts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get amongst them silvers now RKT,.... we be all waiting anxiously to see your next hit of em now you've been blooded on them.

Forgot to mention, that whilst detecting the silver patch, I spotted a 4 leaf clover.

rocketaroo said:
Forgot to mention, that whilst detecting the silver patch, I spotted a 4 leaf clover.

So it was you who dropped it ;)

1426485420_image.jpg

Ramjet said:
Haha. Someone has got the detecting bug :D

Yep, but its more that, I have got the knack of it :) and am getting more reward. This new oval is going to give me much goldies, I have a ton of turf to farm yet :)

Don't you go digging up all my Goldies Rocket ;) You know I can sniff them out.
Imagine how much better you will be at it with a few more months hunting.
Still on for Thursday? I might go after arvo again tomorrow.

Ramjet said:
Don't you go digging up all my Goldies Rocket ;) You know I can sniff them out.
Imagine how much better you will be at it with a few more months hunting.
Still on for Thursday? I might go after arvo again tomorrow.

All ready for launchday Thursday Captain Ramjet! :) PM venue....the one with second letter "r" would be my first choice.....just have feeling about it!

You are ace at goldies, always beating me to them, lucky my new oval is safe from you lol Hopefully your new pointer will have arrived.

Don't want to sound like an old man :8 ......but.....

Just remember that in the long run, the depth of an education outweighs the depth of topsoil and an education continues to produce wealth but a park only produces what others can't be bothered to pick up or don't notice is missing

Good to hear you have found your groove, enjoy :cool:

Wally69 said:
Don't want to sound like an old man :8 ......but.....

Just remember that in the long run, the depth of an education outweighs the depth of topsoil and an education continues to produce wealth but a park only produces what others can't be bothered to pick up or don't notice is missing

Good to hear you have found your groove, enjoy :cool:

Well said, very yoda-like as well :) Today I did employ different tactics. The oval has no chance for pre decs, and has alot of ring pulls, damn things everywhere. So I deliberately targeted goldies only, just the top 3 notches activated, everything else discriminated out. I used only 2 bars of sensitivity as well, wasnt interested in anything more than 4 inches down. I dug only a few tabs, no ringpulls, but still dug caps, and wine bottletops. I found my first coin spill, a dollar, and a 20 cent, the 20 cent was discrimmed out, but the pointer found it. I am hooked :) The ace350 is a good machine as well.

Ramjet said:
But you missed all those pennies and silvers and gold sovereigns

No chance, the area was swampy bush, and filled in the late 80's. I would love to dig a sovereign on thursday, we have a chance, slim, but possible!

Sniper coil arrived today, going to hunt goldies tommorrow morning, but have done some testing already. Yep you cover less ground, doesnt punch as deep, much faster recovery time, compared with the double D. The depth isnt an issue, I normally use half sensitivity with the Double D, so adding 2 to 3 notches has taken care of that. So, fingers crossed it helps me with trashy parks, and just maybe more finds? Dunno, maybe I just wanted a new toy :)

Latest posts