My Ace 350 hunts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What did that nice looking little coil set you back RKT ?, if you don't mind my asking.

silver said:
What did that nice looking little coil set you back RKT ?, if you don't mind my asking.

100 plus post from gold mining centre in SA. Rec retail is 149, so its a good price, he has more as well.

Well my new spot has been smashed in the last 2 days. Someone has gone through cherry picking, then leaving their very shallow, 10cm holes, cut just under the grass, not even bothering to cover them. They must be pretty good at identifying targets, just leaving me 2 $2 goldies, and a ton of pulltabs. Thanks doofus! Lol

Now the new coil is a learning curve, I am not used to getting two, or more seperate target hits in the one swing. Yes thats good, but pinpointing was pretty tough at first. After 2 frustrating hours, I finally started to get the knack of it. I now think, that it punches just as deep as the Double D. Definately need alot more time with it, infact it can stay on until I feel proficient :cool:

You can check it out above ground RKT,... just make sure you have a bit of clean ground with no noises, and put a target on the ground to home your senses in with your new and improved pinpointing ability (with that little coil),.. you will very quickly lift your proficiency with the underground target pinpointing (soon afterwards).

Felt as though the sniper coil was handicaping me today. It wasnt needed in the area we were, but I wanted to learn how to use it. Its seems ok for cherry picking shallow/2inch stuff, but for deep targets, I feel that its iffy, often detected stuff that isnt there when you dig. This couldave been the nature of the soil, but Ramjet didnt have this issue. I had him check my targets before I dug, at least half the time he thought it trash. I spent so much time digging for ghosts lol. Here's my finds, no pre decs, wait till you see Rods! :)

Just a little something cool, the 2 dollar was deep, almost 5 inches, which I thought weird. I hit it with a wire brush, and its a 1988, the first year they came out.

Latest posts