More weird finds from the Goldfields

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Sandta, I thought it would be in the book, would really like to find a 1/2 penny token, think they must be rare.
The condition is so much better than the first of these I found, might have been dropped by the same guy, the good one was right under a gorse bush, the first out in the open. About a minute walk time between the locations of these two.

1470283733_img_0386.jpg

1470284111_img_0387.jpg

Not weird, but I worked pretty hard today, dug every target, persisted through the junk
1470299531_img_20160804_175733.jpg

Last target sounded good! Dug, dug some more, getting louder, bloody hell, dig some more.......bastard!

Nice complete heal cap haven't seen one whole nice find I love the history. :D

The perils of gold detecting, digging every target you end up with some junk, why you've posted it on here is beyond me but thanks for sharing I suppose.

ColinD said:
The perils of gold detecting, digging every target you end up with some junk, why you've posted it on here is beyond me but thanks for sharing I suppose.

Weird finds they are, as per the topic heading and we need to remember that often one persons junk is anothers treasure, after all the Forum name does include the word Fossicking.

Rob.

Leave him too it then, the heel is quite a good find even if he thought finding it was a bastard.
Good hunting boys :cool:

ColinD said:

? Posted on here because I've never found a boot heal in one piece before, a 28oz nugget came from the area last year, which is why I dug every target, considering that its a hard hit area, I consider it weird that no one else dug it up. Same goes for the belt buckle. They were about 1km apart.

No worries, didn't realize you NT boys were so strapped for finds that you find that stuff "weird". Same with Rob there in Melbourne I guess.
Here's some eye candy for you then, though on a goldfield I would call it 0% weird and 100% normal.

1470358524_img_0389.jpg

Back to the bush, found some things for the WTF pile which I will have to clean. Found what I thought was just another little button but once I'd got home a took a bit dirt off it it's another apothecary weight. Smaller one... similar but not the same as the one picked out from google. I think I now officially have scruples. :)

1470634504_img_0400.jpg

1470634521_1auft2u_btfc_l.jpg

The exact one, off the same set as the other weight I found which is far right, todays one is second from the left. Now I need to find the others. I don't have scruples, I have one scruple. guess it's a start.

1470659450_apop_set.jpg

1470659474_apop_set_b.jpg

Tried a new spot on a friends property, only info was he thought "there used to be an old house up there somewhere" as he pointed into the bush on the edge of his place. Took a while to find it and I found some nice household bits and bobs, loads of buttons but only one coin for the day, was hot so I retired to come back another day. The coin though was a Brit penny 1915.. when did these coins stop being around? Was this just an oddity someone had in their pocket? Going to have a nice patina when it's cleaned.

1471228726_1915_penny.jpg

Latest posts