More weird finds from the Goldfields

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Short hunt before rain killed play. Button is a nice one though the dirt has dried and spoiling the view, saw a crown on it when I dug it so looking forward to the clean. Bit of a lamp? Small plate thing with one of the hangers still attached, looking forward to seeing what that is too. Nice adjustment clip which is on a slant, first one of them I've found, like collecting them. Some interesting bullet/cartridge shells and buttons. Anyone recognize anything... help always appreciated.
C

1472002657_img_0426.jpg

1472002703_img_0428.jpg

1472002724_thing1.jpg

Hmm, Australian War Memorial site has the button I found today named a General Service Button of the New South Wales Military Forces. Same area as I found the Victorian Military Services button. Victoria was part of N.S.W. until 1851 right enough. Interesting stuff.

Good day out on the Goldfields shooting relics, nice looking axe head sitting on the surface, bullets including a banana shaped Martini Henry, nice big old heavy duty chain and a meathook found about 4 feet from it! and I found what looks like a penny barely 10 feet from a mine hole, will have to keep a note of this coin and the mine as they are connected.
Question is... is it the elusive 1869 we need for the oldest coin thread? Has the right weight, not the heaviness of the early Vics. :)

1472622219_img_0454.jpg

Well it would have to have been Noah's Ark :lol:
The coin is slowly being cleaned with Olive oil, so don't know yet, but is defo a Vic penny
C

Latest posts