More weird finds from the Goldfields

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Atom, it's a great relic one way or the other, really happy to have found it. Pretty sure it is for a barrel, but thought I'd get some second opinions.

I did a search and found some others, but this one doesn't have the flat bit at the front for smacking it in with a hammer, that's what's making me have doubts.

Out for a night hunt last night, nice bright moon. Found what looks like a finger ring and another Chinese coin. Already found a Chinese coin here with a small Chinese button that I haven't gotten around to showing yet, so I'll post them today. Here is the coin and ring from last night just now.

1469141836_pair.jpg

Nenad at Phase Technical has very kindly allowed me the use of a Nokta Fors Relic for 2 weeks, took it out today for it's first swing and was not left disappointed, some great relics in the bag already and I'm really looking forward to finding more with it.

Swung past the Chinese camp I found and it was too wet but I did find one item on the higher ground, I reckon it's an opium pipe, what do you think?

1469505720_img_0417.jpg

1469505742_img_0418.jpg

Went back to the buckle site for some more gorse in the face. Some of you might remember I found a medallion from the handle of a saw a little while back "Warranted Superior" it featured the British coat of arms... well I found another one and just plonked it in my finds pocket assuming that's what it was and not in as good a condition. Started cleaning it and the Warranted Superior started to show through right enough, but then I started to see some stars :eek: and stopped for a quick Google... turns out it's quite a rare version, check out this article if you're interested. Well pleased with this now :cool:

http://eaiainfo.org/2014/07/25/unusual-panel-saw-by-the-american-saw-co/

1469506511_img_0419.jpg

Musket ball found completely separate from the others, glad I found this, bit of a mini bucket list item as I wanted to find one with the sprue still attached. I take my no brand detector to the kids school and let the kids have a swing for stashed BB's I plant in the sand pit. I like to show them how bullets and balls were made so this will help me explain it better.

1469512435_img_0415.jpg

The one I found is not in his files shown in that article, mine has stars near the wingtips that none of his images have, I'll send him an email.

Latest posts