More weird finds from the Goldfields

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice finds as always Colin, the penny would be British considering the first Commonwealth penny appeared in 1911. Might have been a keepsake as a memory of the homeland. :)

Some cool finds, the gauge maybe an atmospheric pressure gauge, the cast bits are cool are they iron? maybe interesting to find out what they are. Could be from a fancy gate.

Yes the penny wouldn't be valid currency anymore, that's what I was thinking, maybe it was someone's lucky penny that helped them through the Great War, I'll take it with me on a gold hunt, see if it still works. :p

Sorry, should have put a 5c coin in for scale, the bits are quite small.
Yes the nugget was a really lucky find. Was meant to do a coin hunt with the Fors Relic before sending it back to Phasetechnical and discovered I'd left my digging tool back at one of my relic sites couple of days before.. had to go back for it and having driven there decided to have a swing.. bang, found the nugget almost right away. Wasn't even meant to be there that day. Gift from God or what?

1471326727_scale.jpg

I think they were the number one item I dug on my last gold outing to Maryborough, especially along the access tracks. :)

At least you know you're finding the small bits GP, was pleased to see them as it showed no-one had hit the spot with an SDC.
Anyhoo... full(ish) Moon tonight, couldn't resist a night hunt with the Nokta... now this lot is what you call weird... Chinese coin, Victoria Military Forces button (couldn't resist cleaning the muck off as soon as I got in) a car front piece and a bunch of Steampunk crapola.

1471526202_img_0420.jpg

Latest posts