More weird finds from the Goldfields

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found another snake buckle, different style to the first one as it is one of the ones with scales on the body, 1852 half penny to go with the 1853 one of yesterday, appears to be a mis-strike on the front of the coins lettering, few other bits and bobs, couple of smaller buckles all needing cleaned.
1468295563_buck2.jpg

Nice going Col
Ye that half penny does look odd
Love those buckles , definitely on my bucket list
May be a silly question ... But are they brass?
Looks to be iron
, in which case i would probably( in most instances) discriminate out the possiblity of finding one :rolleyes:

Doesn't attract to a magnet Sandta. I usually keep my discrim low in the hope of getting a nugget anyway and just ignore the grunting tones, having said that I'm thinking of just digging all targets at this site anyway, but does seem like there's a ton of nails etc by the sounds of it. Was snowing on the way home in the car, got back in just in time.

Nice snake Colin, love those buckles/parts. The coin could either be a mistrike, or a counterfeit coin, there were quite a few floating around at the time. :)

I wondered if it could be a fake because the colour is a more chocolate bronze, will check stats on the net and see how they compare.

Yes I found another one today but it is a different maker with no date. Another Chinese coin, smaller than the first.
Took this week off to detect and paint the bathroom, bloody rain means I'm doing more painting than searching, need to get myself a waterproof detector.

1468382362_img_0368.jpg

2 coins

1468382388_img_0369.jpg

Yeah mate I did for the 1st one... Emperor Sheng Tsu AD 1662-1722 and came from Shensi mint.

The thought did occur :) you never know. It was all within a couple of minutes walk from each piece. Saw Sandta found one too on his last hunt.

1468414939_img_0371.jpg

Latest posts