More weird finds from the Goldfields

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh , pfff , its just one of those old things :lol:
Nice old button though ;)
Wonder if its The same age
Cant wait to see what detail it hides

Thanks Sandta. It has "STAND FIRM" running around within one of those straps or garters. Something in the middle, a scene, but I can't work it out. Maker marked on the back to an Edinburgh maker.... Edinburgh is my home town, so I'm well chuffed.

Getting there. Gilt whatever it is.

1464770129_img_0313.jpg

Jeez, I'm so chuffed with this button... Scottish Clan Grant, motto Stand Fast... also Stand Firm and the picture kinda fits too, add an Edinburgh maker.

Quote: During the later part of the 18th century two regiments were raised from the Clan Grant. Firstly the "Grant or Strathspey Fencibles" in 1793 and the "97th" or "Strathspey Regiment" in 1794. The first was disbanded in 1799 and the second, was used as marines on bord Lord Howe's fleet and later drafted into other regiments in 1795.

1464786908_clan.png

Thanks Boys. Great to have a good day... makes up for the days you get next to nothing.
C

More what on earth is this moments... found another Token, can't quite call it mint. Looks like a steam roller went over it, flat as a pancake.
Still it is what it is and now I can say I found one, let's face it, none of them are minty. Still..

1465196009_img_0320.jpg

I'm liking the button a little more ! :p
Still, you do have a token there No.1 too ;)

Latest posts