More weird finds from the Goldfields

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bucket List item for me.. speaks for itself.
1467610952_img_0341.jpg

This site has given me so many belt buckles... maybe the fattest guy in Empire lived there, found heaps of popped buttons as well :rolleyes:

G'Day Colin D,
As Big Wave indicated the two high tone targets are in all probability, mushroomed large calibre lead projectiles, we pick up significant numbers of them when out on the goldfields.
Cheers, SinHof.

Thanks boys, the bullet is obvious once you know, can see it right away now, the other thing is thin and really neat, I've cleaned it and I'll post a pic. The buckle I pulled out the snake and it's attachment, saw what it was then stuck my pinpointer back in the hole and was so pleased to hear it still going off, praying it was the other half and it was. Really chuffed.
C
1467637461_img_0344.jpg

Great buckle, and congrats on the Chinese coin. Took me a while to find one too, ended up finding two in the one sitting, and in the most unlikely locations. :)

I wonder whether the gold gilded item at the bottom of the photo was the top part of a purse??

Latest posts