VEGE PATCH. What's growing in yours?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beetroot and snow peas this morning.

1602030993_20201007_101301.jpg

1602030993_20201007_101015.jpg

Hard Luck said:

I just planted Beetroot, some Spuds, and Butternut Pumpkin in new raised beds last week, so nothing to show from that lot. Not enough soil, but ran out and CovID has restricted access to all except expensive stuff.
1602384675_raisedbedgardens.jpg

But I do have 24 Broad Bean plants with the beans just starting to fill out and some spuds plant 4 weeks ago are doing well, as are the mini-citrus in large pots.

1602384853_broad_beans.jpg

1602384607_citrusinpots.jpg

Rob P.

They are just over 2 meters tall and only half the flowers have opened so will get even more impressive yet. You can see a normal Echium Bush ( blue) behind them. Next year I will plant more of them. I will try to save seed from the flowers but think it might have hybridised with the other blue one. The honey bees love these things.

Hello Jaros. I originally bought the seeds through the post from a seller in Adelaide on ebay based in Hallet cove. All of his/her seeds were healthy and true to type.

Have a row of espalier apple trees,which this year are covered in flowers,which look so nice near the vegy patch.
They are on what they call a M-9 root stock,which keeps them small,so when the fruit is ready we can cover them with nets to stop the birds from getting at the fruit.

IMjrtrul.jpg

nmI2z1Dl.jpg

Well Evie,where we live tomatoes are bit slow due to the cool weather,that is something in the west you have warmer weather,great for tomatoes.

Keep it coming guys, the beds at mine are to remain fallow this year I think without the time to tend so any pics and progress wanted :Y:

Pineberries were transplanted out Sunday, about 80% seem to have taken up ok in their new homes with over 40 seedlings (!) from one container and maybe 50 in the other yet to do.

Crazy success so far but experience tells me not to go the crow too soon. Be happy if 10 to 15 go to maturity from them and another dozen from the others. 20+ mature fruiting plants would be beyond my expectations, with the 7 at fruiting (2 to 7 y.o.) on top.

Found 3 romas who took up by themselves (old cottage italian ones) from last years seed, that have seen the frosts off, so will get new pots this weekend so I can give them some love.
1602577567_screenshot_20201013-192506_gallery.jpg
1602577592_screenshot_20201013-192459_gallery.jpg
1602577679_screenshot_20201013-192452_gallery.jpg

If I can get any cane mulch this year I might let a few bits of gardens sit fallow too. Few bits of nut grass that I need to kill off... they will still show themselves enough to find.

Latest posts