Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put in cherry tomatoes the other week and squeezed a nice looking little tomatoe (from lunch out one day) in under a trellis, and daughter has brought home a cherry tomatoe from the school garden, so we are going to squeeze that in under the paw paw tree to try our luck with it. oh, and I cooked pork ribs tonight in the oven,.. nice with garlic aeoli sauce and wadges(no salad or veges), I was a slack cook tonight, still tasted the goods though. :D

All this talk about yummy food has inspired me.

Lamb shoulder about to undergo an overnight cooking in the Dragon. :p

1445081197_lamb_on_cook_1.jpg

10 to 12 hours should do it ;)

Cheers and BBQ,

Billy.

Success!!!

My first overnight cook and attempt at pulled lamb.

Was happy with how it looked at about 11.30 this morning.

1445138379_lamb_on_cook_4.jpg

I then double foiled it and wrapped it in a towel and into a pre warmed esky for about 2 hours to rest.

1445138379_lamb_on_cook_5.jpg

For a first time attempt I am pleased with the result, and it tasted great! :p

1445138379_lamb_on_cook_6.jpg

The leftovers should taste just as good for lunch tomorrow. :)

Cheers,

Billy.

Billy said:
Success!!!

My first overnight cook and attempt at pulled lamb.

Was happy with how it looked at about 11.30 this morning.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1111/1445138379_lamb_on_cook_4.jpg

I then double foiled it and wrapped it in a towel and into a pre warmed esky for about 2 hours to rest.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1111/1445138379_lamb_on_cook_5.jpg

For a first time attempt I am pleased with the result, and it tasted great! :p

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1111/1445138379_lamb_on_cook_6.jpg

The leftovers should taste just as good for lunch tomorrow. :)

Cheers,

Billy.

Looks so moist n juicy. Gotta love the low n slow cooks. Excellent work. :D

Cheers Jaros and Mr Jet!

Was bluddy bewdiful and yep you can't beat that sort of cooking :cool:

I find it amazing that such a small cut of meat (sisters pet lamb :8 ) can sustain a cook for that long and still be full of flavour.

Add some smoke in the form of hickory, mesquite etc and its magic.

Billy.

Hi Rick

There are various approaches. If you salt and rinse the slices before cooking, they absorb less oil. I don't usually do that, as the advice that the salt "draws out the bitter juices" really only applied to older varieties of eggplant, the new cultivars don't have that problem. You can also coat the slices in a little flour, which helps.

As I don't mind the taste of olive oil, I usually just brush the slices with a little oil and cook 'em in a non-stick pan.

Probably the best way, as it intensifies the flavor, is to brush the slices and either BBQ them, or cook them under the grill.

Thanks for that. I had 2 plants in and they were really good doers. I got 8 or so fruit off each but gave most of them away because I didn't like how they turned out cooked. I thought I may not have had the oil hot enough. BBQ sounds like the shot. Cheers

Latest posts