Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Third daughter Grace did her chemistry exam this morning, and then got busy in the kitchen making these vanilla bean and greek yogurt panna cottas, with a spiced berry compote.

I could only have a taste, but they were delicious!

1442312904_panna_cotta.jpg

DrDuck said:
Braised some lamb shanks in white wine with the usual flavours (onion, celery, carrot, garlic, thyme, bay, a little tomato and stock) with some star anise and mandarin peel. Put the sauce through the mouli and reduced it before adding more carrots. Served it with the latest batch of sourdough, some silver beet with pine nuts, and a garnish of parsley, mint and lemon oil. Could have plated it more carefully, but it's a Sunday night kitchen table family dinner. Pooles Rock 2010 Hunter Valley Chardonnay was s good match

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/158/1442136588_shank.jpg.

Gotta love a properly cooked lamb shank. They look delicious.

Yummy looking tucker there Dr!!!

Not as flash as you, but on the weekend I cooked my first slow cooked pork belly on the "Dragon".

Just used the basics, a bed of onion, carrot and garlic with some olive oil and apple cider vinegar, plus some mixed herbs. (oh and a beer for the chef ;) )
Salt rubbed into the skin and another beer :lol:

1442383781_pb_1.jpg

Put some hickory chips and mesquite pellets wrapped in foil on the coals and pierced some holes in the foil for some smoky goodness :p

1442383781_pb_2.jpg

1442383781_pb_3.jpg

1442383781_pb_4.jpg

Cooked it on 105 deg C (pit temp) till the meat hit a stall after 6 hours (79 deg C internal temp).
It stayed at this temp for nearly 2 hours and then rose to 83 deg C internal.
It was at this point I had to take it off as it was getting rather late and I had to be up early for work.
All up cooked for around 8 1/2 hours and the crackling was rescued the next evening under the grill.
Was very tasty but I won't underestimate the time needed next time ha ha.

Cheers,
Billy.

DrDuck said:
Billy, that just looks outstanding. Bet it tasted good!

Yep it sure was Doc and amazed me that a small piece of meat (700g ish) could be cooked for that long and still taste so good!

I am humbled by your comment mate after seeing some of the dishes you serve up!

As Wayne and Garth would say "We're not worthy, we're not worthy!!! :lol:

Cheers,
Billy.

What's the drink in the container Joao? It looks like pineapple juice? And the food, are they all sweets or some savoury? Nice family shot mate :)

Latest posts