Rocket launches LIVE.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Total Success .... It was only planed to Clear the Tower... Anything else is 'Icing on the Cake,'

Now all he has to do is grab another one, stack it, fit it out and launch it...
Next launch should be in about 4 weeks...

Would have a better view if it wasn't so foggy...

LW...

Now...
Ooooppps.. To the stupid Photographer who set up shop and parked his car in the area... One totalled Van and a heap of Equipment melted..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oooopps also to the Debris that was seen on re-plays of Drone video, landing in the Ocean... Hmmm..o_O

But the last Pic says Major Ooopps..... " Your gonna need a Stronger Lift-off Pad.. " 🤔🤔🤭

starship.jpg

LW...

They are lucky the way it fell over, they still can get some info from the Lander... When I saw it getting loaded , I thought its very tall... And hoped that it would be stable enough... But getting a leg caught on some rocks cant be predicted unfortunately... But they do expect it to die in a few days time...

LW...

Did this rocket ever get off the ground?
Is this another example of government red tape blocking Australian innovative advancement?

Apparently still waiting a launch permit.
https://www.innovationaus.com/countdown-gilmour-space-launch-permit-remains-elusive/

Typical for anyone wanting to do business in Australia. Permits may be necessary for somethings but the speed at which the wheels turn is unbelievably slow.
I had an interest in Gilmore Space because they signed an agreement with Amaero, (a Melbourne based ASX company, in which I had some shares) for the supply of components 3D printed from titanium powder which Amaero had world leading technology to produce.
Maybe the deal has since lapsed because Amaero, due to delays in being able to get a manufacturing plant built in Melbourne, packed up shop and moved their operations to the US, where they were welcomed with open arms by the US, provided with a large building, cheap electricity for 10 years and after just one year, are now producing high value metal alloy 3D printable powders for the US space industry. The US government regards these products so important that they have restriction on exports.
End of comment as I start boiling thinking about how we ourselves just contribute to losing our own industries overseas.
Edit Not really complaining about Amaero as their share price has done well for me after leaving our shores.

Last edited:
Gilmour's original claim was for a launch on 4-May but that article is dated 25 July, so their May story was clearly a furphy. They seem to be publicity-shy, so who knows what is really going on. There's not enough reliable, current information to blame bureaucracy, IMHO.

The only successful relatively new space outfit that I know of is RocketLab. The latter still use NZ as a launch site, but I believe their later-established US arm is where the action is nowadays, as that's where most of the work is.

Boeing were two years behind schedule and way over budget when they finally launched the Starliner to the ISS and it's now returned, proven defective and unsafe. Who knows when the next ISS docking attempt will happen (if they don't scrap it altogether).

Blue Origin are way behind on their latest planned (and critical) launch date for a European Mars mission that may consequently have to be postponed for another 12 months.

Space is hard, even for the large, well-funded outfits and the financial reality is that the launch business isn't even where most of the money can be made. Building satellites is the bigger business opportunity and RocketLab is now rapidly developing in that area too. They built two satellites at short notice for that post-poned Blue Origin launch, so their capability is already proven. Gilmour, not so much.

Latest posts