My XP Deus 2016 Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Rocket,
This week looks like 925 rings and sun bakers are going to be the order of the day/week, the run of SB's I had on Sunday was odd to say the least.
SinHof.

Well I didnt find anything but bbs, after eyeballing the sixpence before work. The deus was chattery, and raising reactivity above 0 resulted in an aweful hum noise, also the signals were very broken, unstable. The park had underground power installed, and EMI seems to be the bugbear of the deus. So I hit a park infront of an old rail station, that we visited earlier in the year. The petrol cap is from a ford, looks to 1970s era. The pure bliss thingy is heavy, and looks to be solid silver, no hallmark that I can see. Possibly a walking cane tip, and not professionally made.
1474358158_20160920_165117.jpg
1474358215_20160920_165144.jpg
1474358274_20160920_165224.jpg
1474358322_20160920_172418.jpg

Rocket, what frequency were you using re the EMI, as anything less than 18kHz will be more prone to EMI if near buried powercables.

Goldpick said:
Rocket, what frequency were you using re the EMI, as anything less than 18kHz will be more prone to EMI if near buried powercables.

I always use 18khz these days, lowered it to 12 as an experiment, and of course no improvement. Its just a site the deus wont work well....only struck that once before, in a part of another park. Overhead powerlines, always cause EMI when close to them, but its not much of a hinderance in 18khz.

goldwright said:
Nice Rocket.

Yeah EMI is the one thing that stops me from really loving the Deus.

It doesnt stop me loving it ;) But concede it is an issue sometimes.

I have one particular site that has buried powercables running through the guts of it, the Deus is reasonably bad 10m either side of it, but my Racer 2 is considerably worse running a lower frequency.

Coil size also makes a big difference, smaller coils are the better option for working around such areas.

found a thin fragment of green glass, inside the pure bliss thingy....so I have no idea now!

Evening Rocket,
May be the silver top of an expensive bottle of scotch/whisky, brandy etc, the green glass might be the clue there.
Cheers, SinHof.

A 6p sunbaker :cool: he must have been waiting for you, the cracks make that ground look hard, did it rain heavily lately up there?

SinHof said:
Evening Rocket,
May be the silver top of an expensive bottle of scotch/whisky, brandy etc, the green glass might be the clue there.
Cheers, SinHof.

possible!

B5MECH said:
A 6p sunbaker :cool: he must have been waiting for you, the cracks make that ground look hard, did it rain heavily lately up there?

yeah we have had some, heavy at times.

where would you put it? Forgot to mention, that the detectnix pinpointer was falsing as well, and it never does.

Latest posts