More weird finds from the Goldfields

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely buckle Colin, and that token is in rippa condition! The goldfields really are packed with some nice pieces of history. :)

The metal workers learning efforts? Parker token and spoon worked flat.

1478133194_img_0655.jpg

Great stuff Colin. Just had a look through the entire thread. You are lucky to be detecting sites 1980/90 style. I was lucky enough to detect a very large untouched mining village around Beechworth in the 1990's and found heaps. If you need anything ID'ed let me know as I might can ID it.

Nice find CD, going on the size I agree it looks like a cane head maybe a little to fragile around the bottom hair line though
other thought was a desk draw handle maybe :cool:

It's the other thing, not the head that I thought might be from a cane.. the hollow thing in the vid

I thought that the hollow piece would definitively be from a cane but the head could be also
1478670421_s-l225.jpg

Looks the right size for something like this but maybe the face mounted on top
Could have been mounted on bone, ivory or similar

Yeah that stick is a beauty, thanks for the pic. There are 2 little holes in it where pins could go left and right of the larger hole in the middle, so could well be B5MECH. :cool: