More weird finds from the Goldfields

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ColinD said:
It's not my mates :) apart from anything else I offered to let him have it and he declined, he was also as surprised and pleased as I was. He did take the 1 and $2 coins though :rolleyes: I wouldn't sell it, great for the collection.

He is not allowed to have someone else's jewellery , the jewellery it is picked by the new recruit and it's his emblem/badge. Obviously within reasons he nicely refused(my guess) not to have it.
Once again I cannot say more.

Today I found more Jewellery, of the costume variety this time I suppose, but someone would have liked it back in the day. Snake buckle with a ring still on it as well as the fitting it busted off in the same hole, couple of other snake buckle fittings nearby, but no snakes. The box top, I've no idea, reminds me of the tobacco boxes that rolled your cigarettes.

1475837834_l_group.jpg

1475837890_l_front.jpg

1475838010_l_back.jpg

1475838063_snake.jpg

1475838210_top.jpg

1475838230_back.jpg

The fitting within the top of the box fell out when I removed the dirt, might've put it back upside down, can't remember how it looked before the all the dirt came off

The broken ones are still great Cleasby, coming out of the ground none of them are worth $$$'s but they are magic pieces of history and great to find, I really like your buckles, would like to find a broken one myself.
Maltisau, looking forward to seeing your buckle.
C

They are, you have to make good use of the old pinpointer to make sure you don't put a digging tool through things like that.

Latest posts