More weird finds from the Goldfields

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the pic above with all the stuff from my pocket it's at the top of the spoon, quite bigish but nothing huge

Great loking token Colin, a lot better than my toasted Holloway. Must be a later 50% silver sixpence to be in that sort of condition, it does look quite poorly. :(

Better get at those 1800's coins whilst you still can, might be able to take the opportunity to have a run over any cleared allotments designated for development. ;)

Exciting finds Colin. I always view your thread with optimism expecting to see something I haven't seen before, and I do. Keep it up :cool:

Thanks Treasureman your comments are appreciated.
Up early for the boys first cricket hit of the season, thinking through the game about another Cricket buckle, greedy or what.
Back to the spot after the game to find it, was a day of buckles and one is a funny shape but I'm not optimistic it's a cricket buckle.
Lots of tools today, couple of axes and other bits, half penny.

1474780033_img_0562.jpg

No cricket buckle, think it is the top of an old oil lamp that's been squished.
However the disappointment was short lived... the half penny I just chucked straight into my finds pocket gave me a bit of a nice surprise when I cleaned it up a bit to get it's date...

1474781685_img_0566.jpg

1474781708_img_0567.jpg

Usually silvers here are excellent, hardly even need a clean, don't know what happened to that one, strange.

The little silver brooch is OK and that spoon has hallmarks which presumably have something to do with silver and it hasn't bubbled
Something like a 15 yard radius to all three finds. Maybe someone dipped it in some chemical a hundred years ago. I'll stick it in my Mother-in-Laws slice of Christmas pudding come the time :cool:

Cool token, appears even better condition than the Holloway - must find more half pennies like that. ;)

Maybe the silver went through a fire at some stage, the corrosion looks more like something you would expect at the beach (minus the green oxide)

Yup, should have used the Bakery token to buy a pudding instead of trying to bake their own 8.( :8

Latest posts