WHiTES TRx pinpointer rEPAir AuSTRALiA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,
i have a TRX pinpointer which was dropped and inside the ferrite rod snapped from the main circuit board. i no longer have the ferrite rod or coil winding. is their someone or somewhere i can send the unit for a custom repair, i believe it is a simple fix for someone who understands electronics, i have no clue. any ideas much appreciated

Replacing a ferrite rod coil on a PCB is easy, if you know the inductance, Q and dimensions.

without that info I wouldnt hold much hope.

If you can find the TRX circuit diagram on the net you might be in with a chance.

I suspect fixing it will be $75 ish from an electronic technician inc labour postage etc but a brand new Quest Xpointer Pro PI pinpointer is only $200 and will false a lot less than the TRX.

Replacing a ferrite rod coil on a PCB is easy, if you know the inductance, Q and dimensions.

without that info I wouldnt hold much hope.

If you can find the TRX circuit diagram on the net you might be in with a chance.

I suspect fixing it will be $75 ish from an electronic technician inc labour postage etc but a brand new Quest Xpointer Pro PI pinpointer is only $200 and will false a lot less than the TRX.
I have both and have found the Quest interferes with my `45 if it is within about 2 feet of the coil ( 12 " round NF EVO ) and it also picks up too much signal from the side of the pointer as opposed to just pointing straight ahead. The White`s TRX finds deeper targets and does not interfere with my coil but it can play up when the battery is on the way out. Just my experience.

I have both as well.

Totally agree with TRX being better at detecting straight ahead and going deeper but in highly mineralised ground it cant cope as well as the Quest and falses more.

Both drive my 6000 crazy but with Whites gone a new TRX is sadly not an option for Baz

Hi all,
i have a TRX pinpointer which was dropped and inside the ferrite rod snapped from the main circuit board. i no longer have the ferrite rod or coil winding. is their someone or somewhere i can send the unit for a custom repair, i believe it is a simple fix for someone who understands electronics, i have no clue. any ideas much appreciated
Have tried mick from detectronics at dunolly he is also a mechanic i believe, heard good reports from his work

Hi all,
I wish I could help you.... Try contacting Centreville Electronics West in Lebanon, Oregon .... He may be able to help you .

Latest posts