Whinge of the day thread...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sat at some traffic lights today behind a person who didnt believe they were allowed to turn right because the green arrow wasnt displayed, they had no idea of the give way to the right rule here in WA

People that sit at the entry to a roundabout and treat it like a stop sign and stay there until nobody, zilch, nada is entering the intersection from their right and without thinking that they can safely enter with the flow of traffic

Those special people who enter a 2 lane road only wanting to get into the far right lane so they sit there until a spot is clear so they can cross the 2 lanes of the road. The left lane hadnt seen a car in 5 minutes

All very frustrating and I need to have a Bex and a good long lie down after reliving all of them whilst writing this post.:rolleyes:

Thought to shop at Coles for a change.
Turns out this Sea Salt is coming from China.
Talking about a global take over.
I`ll check out Woolies next time & see if Au salt is available & wear me specs so i can read the small print.
Sea salt from a highly polluted country think i`ll ditch the stuff / ..it.
Supply Au & we will buy Au without the small print.

Attachments

• Z.jpg
    Z.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I`ll check out Woolies next time & see if Au salt is available & wear me specs so i can read the small print.
I wonder what happens to all of this West Australian Salt. That we saw.
WA trip Salt ..JPG
salt 2.JPG

I found a jar of Himalayan rock salt at the Reject shop. No idea of its origin tho

Every time you hear about a strike in Australia, a little bit of Aus ends up in China grain by grain.
There’s no point blaming business, Aussies have just became greedy and self indulgent.
Everyone moaning about cost of living but good luck finding anyone who wants to work on the weekend!

Nope, but it seems like it only started over the last couple of years. Could it be something to do with those stupid modern cars that automatically turn off the engine instead of idling?
Probably being a bit cautious, lots of idiots don’t know the meaning of an Amber or Red light out there, that extra second or two may well save their life.

Probably being a bit cautious, lots of idiots don’t know the meaning of an Amber or Red light out there, that extra second or two may well save their life.
Cautious and dangerous, if somebody coming up behind them sees the gap in front of them, thinks they must have broken down and changes lanes to avoid being delayed by them, thereby triggering an accident with another driver in the lane they're moving into.

I'm placing the courts will do nothing as usual mackka
they will say the poor little darlings have only got 10 bail applications on them
they will need at least another 8 or 10 ,or their self esteem will be shot and will never be able to hold their heads high on the streets

one says tongue in cheek
So true Sand Surfer, sad future.

SS you are so right mate. Today I see a Lollypop School Crossing Attendant gets the headlines for high fiving school students and a person complained and he has been disciplined and told it was no longer acceptable. Hopefully the parents will get behind this bloke as I read the students look forward to going to school partly because of him.
On another note, 95,000 sq. Klm given Native Title in Qld , hopefully, nothing changes for those that use the are for recreation , camping etc.

I know one here peter that has 30 bail applications on him and just got another one this week (15 year old)
the sad state of affairs is ,his parents are the sort of people that you could march a thousand miles and not find nicer people
his parents are at their wits end

Cautious and dangerous, if somebody coming up behind them sees the gap in front of them, thinks they must have broken down and changes lanes to avoid being delayed by them, thereby triggering an accident with another driver in the lane they're moving into.
i would call it cautious ,and someone coming up behind them and changing lanes just so they are not delayed and cause a accident i would call that impatience and not driving to the conditions

i see it everyday with driving the cane train over level crossings grubstake

i will give a list of the crossings and how many vehicles run the crossings on a trip from bingera to fairymead (aprox 35km of track ) one way with up to 65 full cane bins
(weight depends on month of crush and cane varieties) ,early in the crush bins will average 4 to 6 tonnes of cane per bin plus 1.2 tonne tare weight of the bins
late july to end of crush they can average up to 10 tonne of cane a bin so we can have over 600 to 700 tonne behind a 26 tonne baldwin loco
all cane bins are not braked the only brakes we have are on the loco
brake drive--like a engine brake on a truck
torque brake --runs the oil in the torque convertor in reverse can cause overheating issue with the torque convertor
service brake --westernhouse air brake system controlled buy a hand lever

P-passive crossing- no lights but signage only(passive road crossings have no speed limit but we keep them to 10 to 15 kmh )
A- active crossing -lights and signage all to the same specs and safety as QLD rail (changed the laws about 15 years ago to bring our crossings up to the same standard as state rail) active crossings are speed boarded (signed)
all speeds are maximun allowed at the active crossings
weir road A-1 to 2 vehicles speed 30kmh
gin gin road main road between bundaberg and gin gin A-up to 10 vehicles speed 30kmh
raines road P-2 to 3
cellars road P-0 (back road local traffic only)
ten mile road A-mainly caravans and camper vans 4 (short cut to bruce highway ) at gin gin speed 20kmh
wards road P -0 local traffic only
mercers road P -3 to 6 mainly caravans /campervans (road to connects to ten mile )
careys road P - 1 to 2 a year local traffic
mercers road P-0 local traffic
mercers road P-4 to 6 caravans/camper vans connects to ten mile road (we cross mercers road 3 times in about 4km distance)
roasedale road A - 10 to 15 vehicles speed 15kmh
morelands road A -2 vehicles speed 20kmh
tolls road P-1 a year local traffic
hoods road A- 1 to 2 a year local road 15 kmh
moore park road A -10 to 15 sometimes more ,15 kmh
tantitha road A- 1 to 2 20 kmh

total 46 vehicles just one way on a trip run the crossings
on average there would be 2 close calls reported to traffic per week and the company will remove the sd cards from the cameras to try and get rego numbers
everyone is in a hurry to get no where these days and if they get collected they will be going somewhere

over the years i have become complacent, a near miss 10 years ago would have been 20 yard gap
now i check to see if the vehicle has a wobble as we pass behind it or the tow ball is sitting on the road crossing when we return or i check for strange paint markings on the front ballast at journeys end
if any one of the three reasons or more are confirmed i will report a near miss
just impatient and not driving to the conditions
touch wood i have had only one incident with a car in 35 years of driving the cane trains and that was bad

Aldi Supermarket $1.89 for Stonemill Iodised Sea Salt 750g made in South Africa in a Saxa design salt container.
Saxa Australian product $4.50 at Woolworths.
Aldi also supplying Chinese salt but no Australian salt on the shelves.
Oil`s ain`t Oils folks but at that price even Dicky Smith is supplying Overseas Products to Au.
If we keep sending Au money to OS markets there`ll be less and less pool of dollars circulating in this Country.
The standard of Australian Living is plummeting and our fees keep going up and up as a result deflating our dollar.
Eventually there`ll be No Water in Our Pool to Swim in & we`ll be Shafted by Overseas product fees at ones / their disposal.
Now that is Salt on the Wound.
A serious dilemma unfolding ....

Attachments

• IMG_20240901_035558.jpg
    IMG_20240901_035558.jpg
    1,016.5 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts