Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nanjim said:
Bugger...

All I got to look forward to is camp food...
Prepaired by fitters and turners...
They fit good food into pots and turn it into sh1t...

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Lol well ultimately all food we eat turns into shit. I still have a bag of spuds and tuna + a tin of diced tomato (rummaging around in the 100l storage tub) Cold beer though:) life's good. At camp roadside, Wychitella. Pretty quiet up this way

Gentelman ..
I wont HiJack the thread...
With a Reply ..
About Camp Food...
Suffice to say ..
If you have ever been to Sizzlers...
You have had a taste of Camp Food....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

A simple but tasty meal tinight. Mexican chicken. Man I love those chipotles.

1418548362_exchicken.jpg

G'day and Merry Christmas to everyone on this great forum!
I have a question for all you knowledgeable foodies!
I am cooking a lamb roast tonight with the plan to take it to our annual "Christmas orphans" tea tomorrow night. ( For all of those at my work who have to work tomorrow and can't be with our family) and my question is:
Am I better off carving it up tonight or just taking the whole thing tomorrow and carving it there?
Was wondering if it would dry out too much if I cut it up but thought I would get some opinions.
Thanks in advance for replies and have a great and merry day! :)
Cheers,
Billy.

P.S. I agree to making Joao an honorary Aussie!!!! :cool:

G'day Billy,

Definitely better to leave the lamb on the bone, the meat will dry out much quicker when carved.

I think carving should be a process thats done right in front of those about to share in your culinary skills. Remember to carve across the grain of the meat. (the grain runs along the bone).

Keep well wrapped in gladwrap and foil, and refridgerate overnight to keep the juices in....preheat in oven just before carving and consuming!

This is what i would do anyway.

Sounds like a good feast you are prepping mate! Yum!

Merry Christmas

Cheers

Legend Metamorphic!!!!
Was thinking along those lines and my next question was how to store and transport but you answered that as well!!!
I wouldn't be so worried if I was just cooking it for myself :D
Thanks mate and have a great and merry Christmas yourself!
Cheers,
Billy.

HeadsUp I found myself getting into a heap of fruit over Christmas,.. feeling a lot better for it as well, not that I wouldn't mind what you'd prefer Jaros, it's just if I don't eat it will end up going to the chooks,...I know of a nice big Longan tree full of fruit that grows on an obscure bit of footpath, and I've been into those as well.

Latest posts