Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DrDuck said:
Thanks Joao, that is my kitchen and my good wife in the background.

In fact my kitchen was featured in this advert recently. The crew liked my old FT 101 E (amateur radio transceiver) and vintage Shure mike, so they put them in shot.

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1t9clXO6Oo[/video]

WOW Doc. You are famous now, or at least your kitchen is :D

Rib eye with truffle butter.

Charred on the outside, rare on the inside....

1414833167_rib_eye_truffle_butter.jpg

how do you get the truffle butter duck? I had to settle for a char grilled rare scotch fillet tonight with pepper sauce chips and eggs !! A steak is not a steak without butter on it. The truffle butter is very interesting and a little bit posh !! :)

GT, I'm lucky enough to have a friend with a truffle farm. She gives me more truffles than I can use, so I make truffle butter and truffle camembert and freeze them for later.

Quite like 'em, but would not want to pay retail.

never tried it and can only imagine an earthy mushroom flavour? everyone seems to rave about them. If I can live with out eating raw fish eggs ( caviar) I can probably continue to survive without truffles. ( I would give it a go though if I had the chance) :)

GT, truffle is a complex, earthy, pheromone kind of flavor and aroma. It is pungent and addictive. Very hard to describe, and the real stuff is not much like the truffle oils, which are mainly artificial, except if you pay through the nose for a proper one. My friend with the truffle farm gave me a bottle of Italian white truffle oil for my 50th birthday, and I expect it was the most expensive present I received.

Anyway, tonight I boned a chicken and marinated it with Thai flavours. Cooked on the BBQ and served on a Thai salad of cucumber, coriander, mint, peanuts, wombok, lime, fish sauce, chilli etc...

1414918363_thai_chicken.jpg

Maybe one day I will try it Duck. Until then I will just marvel at the trouble you got to, to eat.
I too boned a chicken tonight and made a chicken Kiev one of my favourites. Maybe next time I will remember a picture before it disappears !!! :eek:

Chicken Kiev is a wonderful traditional dish, take a pic for us next time!

Most of the stuff I post is pretty easy to cook, but my wife reckons that while most people eat to live, I live to eat. RJ is pretty much the same, a talented cook..

Another great looking dish Doc. Yes truffles are divine. Think I mentioned before that I bought a tiny bottle of truffle butter at Tetsuya's when we went there. Wonderful stuff. Thank you for the compliment. Cooking is a passion.

DrDuck said:
GT, truffle is a complex, earthy, pheromone kind of flavor and aroma. It is pungent and addictive. Very hard to describe, and the real stuff is not much like the truffle oils, which are mainly artificial, except if you pay through the nose for a proper one. My friend with the truffle farm gave me a bottle of Italian white truffle oil for my 50th birthday, and I expect it was the most expensive present I received.

Anyway, tonight I boned a chicken and marinated it with Thai flavours. Cooked on the BBQ and served on a Thai salad of cucumber, coriander, mint, peanuts, wombok, lime, fish sauce, chilli etc...

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/158/1414918363_thai_chicken.jpg

Hi DrDuck,

Another delicious recipe, mate
congratulations!
Congratulations on your 50th birthday, you seem to be quite young! I thought you had 40 years!

Latest posts