Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paydirt said:
Hey Ramjet do you make it to your taste (hotness) or do you do a sliding scale from mild to ringstinger?

Hi Paydirt. I make some sauces really hot for myself and the other chilli fanatics ;)
This BBQ one was an experiment so only made a small batch. It maybe has just a little more kick than most store bought sauces. First you get the nice smoke the the heat comes after. My sons and brothers snatched all that I made so next time I will multiply the recipe. I have been instructed to make more ASAP{ and need to change nothing. (Though I think just a little less vinegar is the go). It's a damn fine BBQ sauce if I do say so. :D
I think most people could have this sauce with no drama.

Here is the recipe for Uncle Bob and anyone else that wants to try it. Next batch I may make some with one of the Liquid Smoke products just to compare it with real smoked Chillies.

Rod's Spicy Smokey Barbecue Sauce

Prep time: 30 mins Cook time: 1 hour Total time: 1 hour 30 mins

Spicy, smoky, smooth, spoonable, pourable, dunkable, brushable; this barbecue sauce is everything a great barbecue sauce should be.
Ingredients
2 onions, chopped
5-6 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
1 cups tomato paste
200ml Dijon mustard
3/4 cups apple cider vinegar
500gr molasses
1/2 cup raw or brown sugar
3/4 cups hoisin sauce
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 1/2 to 2 cups smoked chillis, blitzed.
1 tablespoons ground cumin
Splash of bourbon.(Nearly cried when I put that in).
Instructions
Add the oil, onions, chilli and garlic to a heavy-bottomed stockpot (to help prevent scorching) over medium low heat.
Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onions are softened and mostly translucent. Do not brown the onions and garlic.
Stir in the remaining ingredients.
Bring to a simmer (gently bubbling state) and cook, uncovered, over low heat for 30 minutes.
Remove the pan from the heat and let cool slightly before blending until smooth, using either a stick (immersion) blender or a standard blender.

Cooked for my lady last night. Started of with prawns and Oysters Kilpatrick. Mains was Maple, mustard glazed salmon, some scollops with a lime cous cous salad.

1411264329_20140920_191148_copy.jpg

G'day Ramjet

I will make this chilli bbq sauce as soon as I get all the ingredients....... It sounds like it will be a winner sauce and the bourbon is what will make it even better.

Thanks mate.
Uncle Bob :)

PS this will be perfect for chicken wings....... Yummo

Hey Billy i'll have two please as long as I can invite my cardiologist hehehehee!
Cheers
Mackka

Ramjet do you have a special type of chip to smoke the chillies like hickory ?

Mackka said:
Hey Billy i'll have two please as long as I can invite my cardiologist hehehehee!
Cheers
Mackka

Ramjet do you have a special type of chip to smoke the chillies like hickory ?

Hi Mackka, Can't remember what wood I used. Away from home. I'll have a look when I get home and post it.

summer lunch "cooked" by Kermit the Frog and Mister Rabbit under my supervision of course

goat cheese
Fennel
Olives
Avocado
Spinach
Mint
capsicum
chives

no salt , flavouring , sweeteners or chemicals required

1414309020_image.jpg

and just for something healthy , dessert to follow it up with ( apple and cream )

1414309895_rrrrryum.jpg

Thanks HeadsUp. Would love to work in a small kitchen. Got a few things happening at the moment. Smoked some chillies to make my smokey BBq sauce. Also drying some smoked chilli to make some Chilli salts n stuff. While the smoker was running I threw in some Salt and rice to smoke. Smoked Chicken risotto is on the menu shortly.

1414320498_chilli1_copy_copy.jpg

goldtruck59 said:
Billy said:
Sounds great Ramjet!!!
Here's a not so healthy but delicious none the less, poached eggs bacon and hollaindaise sauce.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...ges/1111/1411266661_poached_eggs_an_bacon.jpg
Cheers,
Billy.

Mate Can you eat all that by yourself or was that for 4 people?? That's not good for you surely !!! :eek:

Ha ha gday goldtruck. Yep ate it all myself, but was hungover and very rarely cook it and in hindsight it was a bit much! Think I may have left an egg uneaten :eek:
P.S. Was really yummy of course cause it probably really bad!! :D
Cheers,
Billy.

Latest posts