My XP Deus 2016 Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Farthing is cool, but my roo penny maybe a miss strike? that last number on the date cant be a zero, but what is it?

1470905362_1930roo.jpg

I have just looked at it under a strong magnifying glass, its a 9. However it is extremely fat, and with a very small tail. Its very different from the other 9. What made it look a zero is a tiny blob of corrosion...sorry. It still think it a miss strike.

haha... It does look to fat to be a nine so miss strike :) is that rare rocket?

High fives to Rocket for today. He conducted himself very well under the intimidation of an irate local. While he blustered and waved his hands in Rocket's face, Rocket stood firm and replied with respect and logic. Don't need to go into it but as Rocket said we had right and the police on our side.

Not a bad hunt either ;)

B3MECH said:
Do we get to see the drone footage? Sounds like an eventfull day out.

I will include some footage in my next youtube. Rocket was very kind to let me use him as a guinea pig while I practised manoeuvres and filming him, buzzing around as he detected. :D

rocketaroo said:
Ridge Runner said:
Ramjet said:
Not a bad hunt either ;)

Your only saying that because he buys his finds off of you, Lol. :lol: :lol: :lol:

John.

LOL thats a pretty nasty accusation!

Well As a loyal customer you deserve Better, Sorry but it had to be said Lol.

A true friend would only give you the top Draw Stock :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

John.

Interesting coin that penny mate, will be interested to hear what you can find out about it.

Good on you for standing your ground and not losing your cool with a jerk getting in your face. I may not have been so cool, anyway mate glad no one was hurt including the "irate local".

Did you manage to clean the farthing up anymore Rocket, or is it as good as it is going to get?

Looking at a few other examples of the 1939 penny on google, there seems to be a fairly inconsistent strike on the second "9" on many coins, whereas the first "9" rarely seems to different. Maybe in your case the die was near the end of its life. :)

Sandta said:
Keeping cool .... Hmmm
Now theres a concept i would not have considered
I tend to have no patience for arseholes

I'm hearing you there Sandta. I used to have a pretty short fuse around fools. Getting a bit more mellow with age. I did stand back and let Rocket handle it as he seemed to be in control. Besides... someone had to film it. ;)

Nice going there Rocket, you will be good for a loan when it comes to financing a new coil for my 7000.
Cheers, SinHof.

Latest posts