GPZ7000 release, questions and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh for the love of god, who cares people.
Buy it or dont buy it, but surely there are better things to write about.

If you have the spots to use it, you will buy it, simple as that.
If you are a once a year hunter, then probably not for you.

Marty and Lee, really, like 2 school kids.

Geez

GD

It's here, finally !!!
Photo taken at Coiltek Maryborough.
1424222681_image.jpg

1424222750_image.jpg

Gold Diver said:
Oh for the love of god, who cares people. Oh I don't know!!! maybe everyone who has followed this thread??????????
Buy it or dont buy it, but surely there are better things to write about. OKay then write something else

If you have the spots to use it, you will buy it, simple as that.
If you are a once a year hunter, then probably not for you.

Marty and Lee, really, like 2 school kids. Mate there is nothing child like, just an expression of ones opinion, where still entitled to that aren't we???

Geez

GD

See my response in Bold
cheers
Lee

Redfin said:
1995 - SD2000 released $4,300 - Average Weekly wage was $660 so cost was 6.5 weeks wages

2015 - GPZ7000 released $10,700 - Average Weelky wage is $1516 so cost is 7 weeks wages

Not that much of a jump.

Figures from Bureau of Stats.

True, but I dare say the majority of prospectors, from newbies to experienced, their wages are still closer to $660 rather than $1516.

But hey ho, the price is the price, it is what it is and there's no point continuing to whinge about it. If you're getting one, good luck to you I say.

What A Rip Off,

Hey Minelab, AT Lease NED KELLY Done The Right Thing and wore A MASK,

And you can do the same job for $3800, lol, Or just Buy A GPX

Minelab we are Not All Suckers, And only those with cash to waste will buy them, 90% of people here won't due to your Greed, At $8000 70% of people would have bought them, YOU Just Shot your self in the Foot.

4400 members @10% = 4,400,000 AUD
4400 members @70% = 24,640,000 AUD

DO The Maths

I agree. The thread title is now irrelevant. the thing is here. the other big aussie gold forum (sponsor of the Laanecoorie bash) has plenty of info/questions/financing notifications and some interesting links.

Wow im amazed at the anger towards minelab who have consistently revolutionized the detecting industry. ... do you guys think that highly skilled electronic technicians work for free? Dont you think they spend mass dollars on r n d flights support manufacturing. ... could go on. This is the 21st century things are worth what people are willing to pay for them thats how it works while some will focus on why they can't afford it the generally more proactive "actual market" will concentrate on how CAN i afford it. . Then you take profits and put it into the next developmwnt. Its the same in life as in business... i want therefore i have to create the capital to fund it.

If its just a sometimes hobbie... dont buy a nearly $11 grand detector thinking you will pay it off theres heaps of detectors out there for sometimes detectorists. But if you detect or are prepared to put the time in theres no other hobby that will put money back in your pocket and theres no other manufacturer in the world that will give you the kind of leverage that minelab offer when searching for gold in Australia

Ridge Runner said:
What A Rip Off,

Minelab we are Not All Suckers, And only those with cash to waste will buy them, 90% of people here won't due to your Greed, At $8000 70% of people would have bought them, YOU Just Shot your self in the Foot.

DO The Maths

Minelab can drop the price at any time if they feel sales are slow...Cover the 10% of the market which are HAPPY to pay for a head start on the goldfields with new technology and then cater for the remaining 60% with a sales special down the track. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot selling it without testing the market. As has been said before nobody is forcing you to spend your hard earned.

G0lddigg@ said:
Wow im amazed at the anger towards minelab who have consistently revolutionized the detecting industry. ... do you guys think that highly skilled electronic technicians work for free? Dont you think they spend mass dollars on r n d flights support manufacturing. ... could go on. This is the 21st century things are worth what people are willing to pay for them thats how it works while some will focus on why they can't afford it the generally more proactive "actual market" will concentrate on how CAN i afford it. . Then you take profits and put it into the next developmwnt. Its the same in life as in business... i want therefore i have to create the capital to fund it.

If its just a sometimes hobbie... dont buy a nearly $11 grand detector thinking you will pay it off theres heaps of detectors out there for sometimes detectorists. But if you detect or are prepared to put the time in theres no other hobby that will put money back in your pocket and theres no other manufacturer in the world that will give you the kind of leverage that minelab offer when searching for gold in Australia

Yep This Is True, And there is Only One Manufacturer who has Forgotten Who Put Them One The Map By Buying Their Products and has supported them Since 1985, By Bringing out A Machine and Putting It Totally Out Of Reach of 90% of the Members Here,

So what have we Got To Thank Minelab For, In One year alone I spent Over $20,000 on Minelab Products and when I was told that a Baseball Cap was going to Cost Me $59.10c instead of $16.00 a month earlier, I Just don't Liked Being Ripped Off and With another Detector I can Find 95% of what the GPZ Can Find at Less Than A Quarter Of The Price.

I Have Just Bought 3 Other Gold Machines ALL NEW that Can And Will Cover Every aspect Of Gold Detecting For Around $3800 ALL Of Which Have A Proven History,

10,700-12,500 Yeah Like,,,,

nuggetino said:
Ridge Runner said:
What A Rip Off,

DO The Maths

Minelab can drop the price at any time if they feel sales are slow...Cover the 10% of the market which are HAPPY to pay for a head start on the goldfields with new technology and then cater for the remaining 60% with a sales special down the track. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot selling it without testing the market. As has been said before nobody is forcing you to spend your hard earned.

Yep, I Totally Agree, and They Are Not Forcing the Other 90% Of Members Either That Won't Buy Them, And For A Company that has made Some Good Machines and Inventions, They Really Are Not That Smart.

I Advise Everyone In That 90% Not To Buy It, Until Minelab Realize If it was Not For us Detector User's Then they would Not Have Any One To Sell Their Product Too.

PaulFritz said:
Ryan27 said:
It's here, finally !!!
Photo taken at Coiltek Maryborough.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1074/1424222681_image.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1074/1424222750_image.jpg

You headed out with it today Ryan??
This was the shops display unit. It turned up while I was there. The release date is Monday, I put myself down on the list to get one. I am 125 on the list LOL !!! A few guys have put down deposits and some have paid in full. This unit should turn up some good finds.
I'm tipping it will unearth the worlds biggest nugget found by a detector.
If it does what Minlab claims to do, then I think it is value for money.

Latest posts