GPZ7000 release, questions and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fortune Seeker said:
A little something I was privy to yesterday. Apparently during early testing the gpz was very unstable. It has been dumb down to get it to where it is now. Just imagine how good it will be if they can get it to work at its full potential! I'm sure Bruce will figure it out ;)

wow

Wolfau said:
We need machines with better gold identification
While in ground rather than depth and machines
That weigh less.

Just take a look at the last 87ouncer found at less
Than 12" a short while ago.

Thats my view anyway.

That would be spoiling us wolfau but would be sooooo good

Andyndan said:
I want to get the gpz 7000 but don't know wether or not to take the plunge ..... :eek: help me lol
Iv not read on any other forum that their actually coming with a plunge....however, i strongly recommend, if you've been offered a 7k with one....take it. :lol:

Im not sure what the plunge in used for, but it makes no difference really does it.?...if it comes with one, you''ll use it. :D :D

Narrawa said:
Andyndan said:
I want to get the gpz 7000 but don't know wether or not to take the plunge ..... :eek: help me lol
Iv not read on any other forum that their actually coming with a plunge....however, i strongly recommend, if you've been offered a 7k with one....take it. :lol:

Im not sure what the plunge in used for, but it makes no difference really does it.?...if it comes with one, you''ll use it. :D :D

Narrawa . Great dad joke hahaha :|

Fortune Seeker said:
A little something I was privy to yesterday. Apparently during early testing the gpz was very unstable. It has been dumb down to get it to where it is now. Just imagine how good it will be if they can get it to work at its full potential! I'm sure Bruce will figure it out ;)

must have 5000 disease ! 8.(

For discovering new gold patches you have the best set up at present. Why? Huge coil options to cover a lot of ground for the GPX and a nifty SDCwithout loose cables to swing in around the tight scrub where the GPX gets hung up. The GPZ may detect deeper but it's not exactly set up to cover a lot of ground with its 14" coil and if you add a 20" coil you're well into the 11 grand range. Perhaps you've got to ask yourself what else could you do with 11 grand to get you more gold. For me I think a 6 month adventure to the WA goldfields sounds like a lot more fun. If you're still learning the ropes with your current detectors then it's experience in the field that's going to get you most gold!

Wolfau said:
That weigh less.

Thats my view anyway.

Hit the nail on the head. It'd be funny to see how many shallow monster nuggets have been missed in obvious places simply because they sound like a buried wheel barrow. I could think of so many places I'd take a detector with perfect metal discrimination.

Just hang in there.

Really not interested what newbies find with the 7000 as the expense
layout will make people go out and prospect and when your out and about
you can find something..

What I am interested to see though is how many find gold in spots they have found
gold in previously ;)

nuggetino said:
Wolfau said:
That weigh less.

Thats my view anyway.

Hit the nail on the head. It'd be funny to see how many shallow monster nuggets have been missed in obvious places simply because they sound like a buried wheel barrow. I could think of so many places I'd take a detector with perfect metal discrimination.

For this I would be happy to part with $11k-15K and I would get one ASAP.

Until then I am going to let others amuse me..

If minelab gave us a certain yes it will 100 percent find gold then get one but they can't so the answer is no.

Thank you nuggitino and wolfau. I totally agree. I really appreciate your feedback.

Lucky streak. It really comes down to the operator not the detector. Even though I'm still new I know that that statement "if minelab can 100% state that it will find gold then get one ... Is absolute crap. They can all 100% find gold it's just how methodical and patient the operator is . I don't know how old you are . But we really need to listen to these experienced guys as they are the best text book you will ever find . The saying slow and steady wins the race comes to mind . :)

Andyndan said:
Thank you nuggitino and wolfau. I totally agree. I really appreciate your feedback.

Lucky streak. It really comes down to the operator not the detector. Even though I'm still new I know that that statement "if minelab can 100% state that it will find gold then get one ... Is absolute crap. They can all 100% find gold it's just how methodical and patient the operator is . I don't know how old you are . But we really need to listen to these experienced guys as they are the best text book you will ever find . The saying slow and steady wins the race comes to mind . :)

Mate just keep at it with the SDC in known Goldfields and you'll get some sooner or later, took quite a while for me to get my first bit. The Doug Stone Gold atlas or maps will get you in the right areas, then you just need to have good technique, concentration and a bit of luck.

Visualise a piece of Gold too, helps for me.

Try to get away on a group trip sometime also you'll learn heaps, I know you couldn't make Hill End, neither could I but those trips are the ones to learn from others and they are usually happy to lend a hand.

Heatho said:
Andyndan said:

Mate just keep at it with the SDC in known Goldfields and you'll get some sooner or later, took quite a while for me to get my first bit. The Doug Stone Gold atlas or maps will get you in the right areas, then you just need to have good technique, concentration and a bit of luck.

Visualise a piece of Gold too, helps for me.

Try to get away on a group trip sometime also you'll learn heaps, I know you couldn't make Hill End, neither could I but those trips are the ones to learn from others and they are usually happy to lend a hand.

Thanks heatho. I have the Doug stone atlas. It's great. I try to get up to hill end and the likes most week ends . It's only 2 and a half hours drive from my place. Your in sydney . We should meet up there some time . And I'll actually turn up unlike some others on the forum lol

Latest posts