General National Weather advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Widespread heavy wind is probably a better description , bit of rain havent measured it .

we have plenty of wind from all directions usually, but this mornings wind picked up our 4 or 5 meter wide trampoline and took it for a 100m joy ride, it missed the house broke its frame and i managed to catch up to it before it destroyed fences etc...

Broke the frame ? if anyone has a broken big round trampoline i need some spare parts.

Its hardly stopped raining here.
So much for the BOM prediction of no significant rain untill April-May.
1581205682_19c6b345-764c-4dbf-b9ff-67745f5eb192.jpg

It's now making it's mind up.
Already had one disaster in a store today from heavy rain.
Whole entire Comms rack destroyed. :awful: :awful: :poop:

Good luck Doug, all our tanks and and both dams now overflowing, and the rain is increasing over us as it moves south, wind was not as bad as predicted, now put the fire pumps away and get the lawn mowers started up, even our kangaroos and wallabies are unable to keep up with the growth now. :Y:

Graham

nucopia said:
Its hardly stopped raining here.
So much for the BOM prediction of no significant rain untill April-May.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...5682_19c6b345-764c-4dbf-b9ff-67745f5eb192.jpg

BOM predicted no significant rain until May , now look at it , we had 400 mm in some parts of the country , in others it is the worst flooding since 1998.

Just for LOLs imagine if 100 million christians , 100 million buddhists , 10 million sheiks and 5 Muslims have been praying for rain for Australia.....

We have had 164mm for the last 24 hours, 270m since it started Friday night and it was only yesterday afternoon that I started to notice any real run off, the wind has abated, the fires in our area are now officially extinguished and the rain is moving south towards Tathradj's area and I hope that it does the same in that area and beyond and everyone can get back to a more normal lifestyle. :gemstone: :gemstone: :gemstone:

Graham

Looks like the river at Oallen is still rising. (4.89m). Should stir up a bit of gold for anyone wanting a play when the rain disappears.

Looks like it is going to clear this afternoon.
We received enough to make the rivers run again
Looking at the BOM radar, I have a funny feeling
that it is not over yet.

I was hoping to get into a few crevices at the bottom of
Oallen next month. Oh well, Better luck next time eh. ?

Latest posts