General National Weather advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:argh: unbelievable how one day it seems there's no end to oppressive heat and next thing you get to much rain. Worth your while to keep a record to look back in 20 years out of interest or show the next generation.

And not a Climate Change dooms dayer in sight when everything returns to a sense of normal.........like it always has and always does........eventually.

Big hot dry spell for the driest continent on Earth.

Love the rain, we waited, it came!!!

RS

80 ml in the rain gauge here in Goulburn, over 60 was yesterday arvo and overnight.

There has been plenty in the Shoalhaven catchment, so those crevices and a gravel bed I've been looking at will have to wait for another day.

1581303615_fb_img_1581301932558.jpg

RM Outback said:
:argh: unbelievable how one day it seems there's no end to oppressive heat and next thing you get to much rain. Worth your while to keep a record to look back in 20 years out of interest or show the next generation.

Unless your already familiar with it here's a bit history and poetry, have a look at this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Said_Hanrahan

We got 400mm around here last weekend, I'm with Smokey, I'm over it at the moment too, be good if more went to the inland though.

Still lots of people on the Central Coast flooded in, cars just sitting there underwater, streets flooded, no power still for a lot of residents.

Gotta love the old buildings Dihusky, Ventilation Ducts would be waterfalls as well...

Does your Building have a 'sump' on the lower level?... This needs to be clean so the pumps will work... Many don't do that and at times of heave rain the pumps get clogged and the lower levels Flood... There are a few in Surfers I would never park my car in.. :rolleyes:

LW....

I would kill to get half a meter of rain in one day :D send it up here my dam is lonely it want's some company,water,guppies,toads frogs, ducks :lol: .Jokes aside, it is not nice to see people's homes and cars going under,hope everyone is safe :Y: I will have to sit back and wait for my turn,staying positive it will happen one day

LoneWolf said:
Gotta love the old buildings Dihusky, Ventilation Ducts would be waterfalls as well...

Does your Building have a 'sump' on the lower level?... This needs to be clean so the pumps will work... Many don't do that and at times of heave rain the pumps get clogged and the lower levels Flood... There are a few in Surfers I would never park my car in.. :rolleyes:

LW....

Got to work this morning and discovered the building had the worst flooding in its 44 yrs, water was 4800ppm salt :( Gut feeling it's the new development next door that has stuffed up the water table :mad: Now we have to fix it as it WILL happen again :mad:

Pumps are good but one float switch failed :skull:

Pumping out tomorrow, so no Saturday relax

Something doesn't seem right about this figure, would have thought the rivers and creeks would have been running a banker.
1588226698_img_20200430_155921.jpg

Someone must have taken a leak in the gauge :eek: :argh: only one gauge showing in excess of 100mm
1588226821_img_20200430_155946.jpg

1588226932_img_20200430_155958.jpg

We've had good rain but nothing close to the above figures.

Falls Creek got 180 odd for 48 hours. If that gauge was right there would be some nervous folk in those parts.

Im happy, I cant remember an Easter time wet like it around my parts. Certainly a stark contrast to last year. Got more on my boots after having five coffees and visiting the site toilet than fell from the sky last year.

Had to navigate flood waters leaving site today.

Latest posts