General National Weather advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dam it said:
It was that HOT yesterday :sunny:
I seen a Dog chasing a Cat , And they were both Walking :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure was hot 43 at home yesterday 24 this morning in Kyneton now 24 here too. Top of 39 today with storms and lightning just hope there's decent rain and a bit of wind otherwise it will be bloody muggy.

I was gunna go and hit a creek up in the mountains today but Daughters car pooped the trannie last night, so I had better be on hand in case they need a tow. Shes had so much trouble with this Korean piece of :poop: I guess Ill wait until tomorrow for a gold fix in a cool mountian stream :goldpan: :p

Korean Cars??? :lol: 8.( :eek:
Noticed a 2-3 year old KIA in a supermarket car park this week, significant rust appearing on the doors.
A car fanatic @ work wife's car ( Korean make ) was in for some panel beating about two years ago, he got told Korean Cars have the worst and thinnest paint of all cars on the market.
Panel beater advised avoid them like the plague.

Had a conversation with my Mechanic 4-5 years ago about brand reliability of cars. He said stay clear of Land Rovers and Korean Cars.
He told me he had many friends and contacts who own Korean Built cars and they always require expensive repairs.

The only thing worse than a Korean Car is one built in China. :cool:

Swinging & digging said:
Korean Cars??? :lol: 8.( :eek:
Noticed a 2-3 year old KIA in a supermarket car park this week, significant rust appearing on the doors.
A car fanatic @ work wife's car ( Korean make ) was in for some panel beating about two years ago, he got told Korean Cars have the worst and thinnest paint of all cars on the market.
Panel beater advised avoid them like the plague.

Had a conversation with my Mechanic 4-5 years ago about brand reliability of cars. He said stay clear of Land Rovers and Korean Cars.
He told me he had many friends and contacts who own Korean Built cars and they always require expensive repairs.

The only thing worse than a Korean Car is one built in China. :cool:

We had a couple of early Hyundai Excels that were excellent. They were fast, economical and reliable. The computer service vehicle was sign written and Mrs M used to race it in the autocross on weekends. All it ever got was a change of wheels and tyres when she arrived at the track and a change back to street tyres for the trip home. Not always but usually the fastest lady on the circuit.... :)

Not ALL korean cars are :poop: Just those that are made for other BIG australian badged companies. My Wife has a Hyundai Elantra which has been pretty good. Simple to service. I work in a small town mechanics shop doing whatever comes in the door from trucks to small engines and everything in between & Hyundai's would be the most reliable brand we see.

Anyway its still hot (41) and Bloody humid. I switched off the swampy as it was making the kitchen floor damp. The SKY here in the Kiewa Valley is a mix of Dust and smoke :awful: I wish Id gone up into the mountains today.

There was a Lemon car segment on TV a few years back, many of the Lemons where KIA & DAWOO it reported on the owners issues with the cars.
I recall many been around 7 - 10 years old.

Hyundai is perhaps the best Korean brand, they seem to have the largest market share of Korean cars here.
I got told by a mate ( car enthusiast ) the early Excels where a cheap throw away car, from what i have heard many lasted longer than
what they were designed to last.

Looking at some of the older Hyundais around some now look pretty out of date design wise, IX35 ( ugly ). As a brand they vastly improved their looks
when some ex Mazda design engineers joined the company.

For me one test of a cars reliability is how good is at as an old car, when its clocked up lots of distance over the warranty period. I think many modern
cars have good reliability within the warranty period and some makes offer 7 years unlimited kms. The real test will be how good 15 - 20 year old ones
are going at 300k plus.

A little over two years ago i purchased my first ever new car. Did a lot of research and compared the many models and brands. The Hyundai equivalent of what
i got had quite a few negative reviews by respected Car critics. The engine was reported to have been too small for the model and was reported as been noisy in
the cabin on Highway trips. The fuel economy for the model was poor when compared with others in the class. I got a top spec model and the Hyundai equivalent
was only $1000 cheaper. Did not get to dealership to test drive one, though i looked at one at a local shopping centre that was been raffled by a charity. Liked the
outside look of it but not the interior. Which appeared to be of lower build quality.

In the end i decided to not consider the Hyundai for a few reasons.
The Paint comment by the panel beater.
The negative reviews online for the model.
The interior, seats and dash not looking to be off good build quality.
Hyundais seem to devalue quicker than equivalent Japan brands, Toyota, Mazda & Honda.
My Mechanics dislike of Korean Cars.

So far no regrets.
I guess its a Ford versus Holden kind of thing. ;)

Let's hope so!

" WIDESPREAD HEAVY RAIN FORECAST
- #NSW

Over the coming 10 days, widespread falls of 50-100mm are forecast along the entire coastline as well as the northern inland. Parts of the coast could see in excess of 200mm.

The NSW SES advises people to factor in enough time for actions that may take longer to complete in preperation which include moving animals away from low lying areas that are prone to flooding as well as moving pumps away from swollen creeks.

As with any long range forecast, things can change as we get closer to the dates, so keep an eye on the weather warnings this week at: http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/.\"

Latest posts