fisher f75 ltd adventures

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this last weekend at a new spot that I only briefly inspected. This was the second target I dug.

1438348207_2015-07-31_23.03.02.jpg
1438348256_imag0105_1.jpg

Yes mate and inkling something was there. And more to come when I put the effort in perhaps tomorrow morning

1439090763_imag0112-640x358.jpg
Today I drove half an hour away to a ww2 site. Realised when I got there I'd forgotten my shoes and had to go bare foot. So only stayed a few hours.
First two targets were 1943 3 pence and 1927 penny. Then the little bottle came. And then a silver ring which looks quite old. Nearby some bunkers. Will have to spend a bit longer next time and remember to take shoes with me
1439090652_imag0121-600x1070.jpg
1439090664_imag0118-600x1070.jpg

Don't foget a good torch and spare batteries too TM,...great site photo too,.. anything in the little container at all ? :)

i took aloing with me my coon shooting coil which ive never used. however didnt get round to using it. but that is the right tool for this job as a lot of iron targets.
too common for larger coil.
it was only a quick peak at the area as had no shoes to go everywhere but next time ill suss it out better.
macka.. its a roman silver coin BC.
i no longer have this coin

That's a shame mate as the markings tell me that was a silver denarii of about 154BC denoted by the X as a 128Bc had an asterix.
Thanks for the reply
Mackka

So I went back to the same spot with shoes. Still I feel as though this spot has been detected already and I'm just finding what they didn't find.
Two caps that say remove before firing. A razor that looks very nice and some bullets. These bullets prior to ww2 as I
1439192868_imag0123-800x448.jpg
off to another spot. Pretty sure I found an underground bunker. Well the roof to one as when knocking on it echoes hollow inside. And beside the slab roof are these deep glazed terracotta vent holes

definitiely not silver rocketcocakatoo. Has no markings on it, a slight little scratch reveals a pinky tone similar to copper.
all the originals buildings were knocked down some time ago, which means A LOT of iron laying around. and masking the goodies. so think im done there!

far from real treasure ramjet but some cool relics

Gday treasuremqn
I am pretty sure what you have found is a fuse retaining clip for a 105mm HE round.
They were used for keeping the fuse seperated from the high explosive (HE) contained inside the cast iron shell casing whilst in the canister.
They were removed and then the fuse was crewed down into firing position prior to loading the charge in to the cartridge case and then being loaded into the chamber to be fired.
I dont have a better picture but you can see the U shaped clip from the open U side in this one.

1439202594_image.jpg

1439203449_image.jpg

Hi nucopia. Are you referring to the image in previous pages of the U shaped clip? If so that is very interesting.

Latest posts