fisher f75 ltd adventures

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The spike looks galvenised, so that may account for the lack of corrosion. With regards to the patina on copper and bronze coins , it's really up to you on how far you want clean the coin, I just think it represents the age of the coin better with the patina left as is vs cleaned back to the metal. Though I do like to clean silvers up properly, just have to be careful doing anything too harsh as they will scratch easily. :)

Haha. I believe there are plenty more out there. Just think outside the box and try new areas. Tick them off the list. Ive got an inckling this spike is ww2. For example close by i found a stack of 5 ww2 rashon tins. Looks like same metal. 4 were rusted bad however one survived with very similar aging corrossion to the spike. I think its ideal conditions cause this. Some things will rust others stay preserved. Love this hobby. Just wish we had another 200+ years of history, if you know what i mmean

Finding your feet on the 75 mate? I'll get those settings to you when I can works mental atm. The site changes aren't helping the pm situation. Might log up on the laptop tonight and dig them out. Cheers.

Im 50% there gt. Much more confident with this machine in terms of not missing a target. Will be interesting to try the settings. Im running all metal mode atm. Seems to do the trick. At first was like learning to walk again. Love the target ids too.

I think running all metal is the way to go mate. Dig 20 and above. I'll shoot through the numbers and settings. It has a good variety for discrimination and Notching but you'll find it easier to understand if you run all metal while your getting a feel for it. I rarely use any discrimination unless I am specifically looking for a certain object like deep silvers etc on a trashy area.

You'll love it once it opens up to you. Keep at it mate. Following with interest.

This machine doesnt miss much. Nice solid readings on good targets.
1950,1943 penny.
found a piece of wood with the old nails in it.
and this cool brisbane cork bros soft drink bottle. Was sitting on top of the surface.
1430283580_img_20150429_145417.jpg
1430283592_img_20150429_145358.jpg
1430283603_img_20150429_145337.jpg

the excursion was ended early after being quite thirsty, nearly stood on a tiger snake and i have the flu lol

Colind awesome info thanks. This spot must have been a post war2 camp or training area. Very interesting and thanks for stopping by with solid intel. Rocketaroo, its nice isnt it. Untouched for ages

Last few hunts.
Notice the 2 musket balls.
1956 penny uncirculated by the looks. This was under an old decaying tree long . the tree had fallen at one point a long time ago was half was broken down. was able to lift it out of the way. And sure enough 82 signal even before moving the long. Was expecting a floren. A short distance walk and the other penny. That looks as though was dropped in very new condition. no real treasure yEt. The 2 three pence. i went back to a huge coin spill area and recovered some more.
Both 20cent coins behind a tree 1967 and 1972 i think. Would be lovely if there were 2 sovereigns behind the tree lol i wish
a fair few bullets varying styles.
a fork department defence??
Also an old glass bottle cooee cordial made in brisbane.
1431347371_img_20150511_223000.jpg

1431347396_img_20150511_222934.jpg
1431347413_img_20150511_222917.jpg

This morning an interesting hunt. Went back to the old bush ive hammered a lot now. This big old tree months ago i found some rusted coi n s by. Other signal so i left it but today decided to dig all the signals and how strange.. 4 rings come out, a pair of spectacles, an old watch, more keys, heaps of tthese buttons that say wrangler on them some old 10c, 20c, and a dollar, a beuauty 9c gold ring.
Another spot found a beauty 1936 six pence in what looks very gc when cleaned up.
so yeah very interesting. 3 of the rings were almost clumped together i dug a bit further for the other one. Someones hidden stash from the early 80s it looks.
1431650759_img_20150515_104020.jpg
1431650794_img_20150515_104110.jpg
1431650817_img_20150515_104129.jpg
1431650847_img_20150515_104043.jpg

Sandta said:
? You didnt come across any white sticks in that same hole did you ? :rolleyes: :lol:
Mate i thought i was going to pull something like that out. But thankfully didnt. I think with all the wrangler buttons All these items were originally in a jacket. I had a thought that possibly in the 90s another detectorist had fofound these items doing what im doing and had a break by the tree and he himself lost his loot. The rings to me looks like different eras and have different aging on them. Everything found there is what a detectorist would have found. So maybe i found a dectectorists finds which he then lost and couldnt remember where he left them behind? Or someones stashed them therevand forgot where they were left. Nevertheless i was stoked when i saw a clump of rings i pulled everything out just incase there was something even better there. But not.

S75s a beauty machine goldtarget. I like the solid ids even on coke cans. The at gold would have varying signals on that kind of a target. Now i know with 75 varying signals mean various targets. Going out again today. Lovely cool weather for it

Well found TM, just don't leave them by a tree yourself now.

Latest posts