Double D for 6000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Will the 14" Double D coil that comes with the 6000 for the Vic goldfields be worth packing or would I be better off leaving it home?
I have the 11" & a coiltek 14x9 elliptical
Thanks

I would suggest leaving it at home unless you want it for EMI reduction in close to urban areas.

Other than that it is an unwieldy, heavy thing that I rarely used and several people I know with 6000s also never use.

The only person in Vic that I know uses the 14" is my mother's friend who is detecting quite close to an NBN tower.

On the other hand, if somebody would make an approx 11 X 7 DD coil for the 6000 that would be a different story...

Good luck with your trip. Are you heading over soon? Will start getting hottish late October.

Cheers, NE.

I would suggest leaving it at home unless you want it for EMI reduction in close to urban areas.

Other than that it is an unwieldy, heavy thing that I rarely used and several people I know with 6000s also never use.

The only person in Vic that I know uses the 14" is my mother's friend who is detecting quite close to an NBN tower.

On the other hand, if somebody would make an approx 11 X 7 DD coil for the 6000 that would be a different story...

Good luck with your trip. Are you heading over soon? Will start getting hottish late October.

Cheers, NE.
Thanks Northeast
Home it will stay.
Yes I am hoping to be in the Bendigo area about today week all things going well

Bring the 14” DD.
October is the wettest month in Vic and you are likely to run into wet mineralised ground, horrible conditions for mono coils on a 6000.
Also man made EMF is more prevalent in the Vic goldfields than you may realise.
Whilst the 6000 can pick up deeper nuggets, the skewing of its reported finds towards small nuggets maybe due to the preference of people in using small monos instead of the larger DD.
Don't die wondering.

Latest posts