Double D for 6000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Will the 14" Double D coil that comes with the 6000 for the Vic goldfields be worth packing or would I be better off leaving it home?
I have the 11" & a coiltek 14x9 elliptical
Thanks

I would suggest leaving it at home unless you want it for EMI reduction in close to urban areas.

Other than that it is an unwieldy, heavy thing that I rarely used and several people I know with 6000s also never use.

The only person in Vic that I know uses the 14" is my mother's friend who is detecting quite close to an NBN tower.

On the other hand, if somebody would make an approx 11 X 7 DD coil for the 6000 that would be a different story...

Good luck with your trip. Are you heading over soon? Will start getting hottish late October.

Cheers, NE.

I would suggest leaving it at home unless you want it for EMI reduction in close to urban areas.

Other than that it is an unwieldy, heavy thing that I rarely used and several people I know with 6000s also never use.

The only person in Vic that I know uses the 14" is my mother's friend who is detecting quite close to an NBN tower.

On the other hand, if somebody would make an approx 11 X 7 DD coil for the 6000 that would be a different story...

Good luck with your trip. Are you heading over soon? Will start getting hottish late October.

Cheers, NE.
Thanks Northeast
Home it will stay.
Yes I am hoping to be in the Bendigo area about today week all things going well

Latest posts