Conglomerate specie.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Atm iam having a break from gold hunting ,camped at this rd side stop,this morning I decided to go for a walk along this wide sandy rocky creek,and found something unusual,I call it a conglomerate it has Quartz among other tiny stones plus 3 bathroom tiles dating back probably 60s 70s lol.No gold in it😒

The older gen were very practical and I have seen in old building rubble examples where they used gravel instead of proper builders sand or aggregate for cement or concrete in floors, walls and rendering applications.
Noticing on the back there are areas that look grayish so just wondering the orange colour is just surface staining of a lump of cement.
Additionally, the same sandy conglomerate appears in the spaces between the tiles. It is unlikely that this could have happened naturally as it would presuppose that there were open gaps between the tiles originally and in that case one would hardly expect to see the tiles still so neatly aligned.
Even if building rubble, would be fascinating to try and trace where it came from and why it was there.

Last edited:
The older gen were very practical and I have seen in old building rubble examples where they used gravel instead of proper builders sand or aggregate for cement or concrete in floors, walls and rendering applications.
Noticing on the back there are areas that look grayish so just wondering the orange colour is just surface staining of a lump of cement.
Additionally, the same sandy conglomerate appears in the spaces between the tiles. It is unlikely that this could have happened naturally as it would presuppose that there were open gaps between the tiles originally and in that case one would hardly expect to see the tiles still so neatly aligned.
Even if building rubble, would be fascinating to try and trace where it came from and why it was there.
Now you got me thinking,I would also like to know where it washed down from,I also came across another tile but bigger say 10cmx10cm,and on the side of tile says made in Germany with some code nums,I should have taken a pic of it,,tiles today wouldn't have writing on side.I didn't get a pic of creek either.Amazing what you come across out their,but of course it makes sense building houses out of rubble mud etc etc,.thanks for your input.

If your interested in following up on where it may come from,I can give you the area name.Iam not into that type of thing

Latest posts