Sound booster for 4500

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is the sound booster of any value for a 4500. If so which one and can u use it with headphones or a speaker. I prefer headphones but if a speaker is more efficient will get used to it. Trying to make the most of my 4500 on a pensioner budget.

Booty Booster
B&Z Booster
SPO1
Gold Snitch

I think they will all run speakers or headphones.

Used to be a Rooster Booster, not sure if they’re still around.

And Doc’s gold screamer. Expensive though because it is from the US.

Others have used guitar amps as well.

I’ve currently got a Booty Booster that came with the 5000. Works fine. Some background buzzing or hissing noises at times but that may be more related to my Bluetooth setup.

If you are just scooting around looking for obvious targets, then external speakers are fine. If carefully working a known gold area, coil low and slow and really listening, you can't beat using headphones at least in my experience. I make the sP01 but I'll be honest and say with a good set of headphones a booster isn't critical on the 4500 as they have pretty good volume. But it does give you that extra bit of control over the audio, and means you don't have to crank up the internal target volume in the machine, which can make the machines audio a little hyper sensitive if you go too high.

If you are just scooting around looking for obvious targets, then external speakers are fine. If carefully working a known gold area, coil low and slow and really listening, you can't beat using headphones at least in my experience. I make the sP01 but I'll be honest and say with a good set of headphones a booster isn't critical on the 4500 as they have pretty good volume. But it does give you that extra bit of control over the audio, and means you don't have to crank up the internal target volume in the machine, which can make the machines audio a little hyper sensitive if you go too high.
I need to buy new headphones as the wiring insulation has perished. Can u recommend which ones will match the Spo1.

Latest posts