A nice blue opal I have just finished from my sheep yards mine

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1418641845_dsc_0063.jpg

Really nice piece .. Love the ocean aqua hues . Looking forward to being out there in a couple of months...

Was up there a few months ago, a good mate of mine has some ground up there he regularly digs, found some nice trace, and had the biggest T bone at the hilton :D nice piece you have there Rodney, thanks for the share :)

I will be cutting some blue green stones tomorrow if they turn out all right I will post them tomorrow night

rodney said:
Yeah mate Working two leases at the moment have six altogether

Very nice stones there mate. You're not in QLD are you. My family had sapphire claims on the Anakie field for a long time but had been a way from it for a long time and I recently decided to get back into it for myself - the process that was once relatively straightforward is now EXCRUCIATING! I would not reccomend anybody peg claims on the field here. It will be an absolute minimum of two years before I can start work with my machines (I can hand mine the spot but I could do that as a fossicker for almost zero expense and bother). A year to process the application paperwork and now Christ knows how long for agreements to be negotiated with the two different indigenous mobs who have been granted title over the gemfields. Be at least another year I've been told.

F**king madness!! :mad:

It is madness Lefty it's not that bad in n.s.w but it is getting their we have had big increases in fees and you couldn't jump a horse over the amount of paperwork we are expected to fill in

especially the gemfields in cq....the problems up there are huge....easiest way is to buy a current claim however even there theres issues....recently a guy handed over the cash before the title was changed into his name....sellers disappeared and now its a massive run around for the poor guy

Do you come across much stone that would be good for faceting ( obviously as opposed to cabbing the good stuff you have there) . If you have any jelly stuff .. Let me know . Cut some , trade some :) ?
Got this , but not much in it . It's better than the photo shows but not much to cut.
Barney
1418729289_image.jpg

Barney i had a coffee jar full of nice jelly until recently I get very good crystal from one of the minds and a fair bit of jelly I will be doing a bit more work there next year I'd be happy to trade some

Latest posts