A nice blue opal I have just finished from my sheep yards mine

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last stone from this piece. My photography isn't real good is it, hopefully it will get better
1418881863_dsc_0002.jpg

Nice colour there Rodney,how much do they weigh ?
Is this a months,a day's, work ,the finding that is ,have not done much opal my self.do you dig for months and maybe find ,or do you score a little bits everyday
Varts

the first blue stone weighed 24 carats the blue green stones weighed altogether 31.2 carats if you are a full-time minor you can go for a couple of years without find a stone this can be a very hard and heart breaking game the mine I found the blue green stones in i dug a 45 m drive and never found a stone I then changed direction dug 2 foot and started hitting colour the photo in my aviator is the drive I dug without finding a single stone

Wow mate ,amazing stuff
To work so hard and not find over a period of time would be very testing and the day you get some colour would make me cry with joy :D

rodney said:
the first blue stone weighed 24 carats the blue green stones weighed altogether 31.2 carats if you are a full-time minor you can go for a couple of years without find a stone this can be a very hard and heart breaking game the mine I found the blue green stones in i dug a 45 m drive and never found a stone I then changed direction dug 2 foot and started hitting colour the photo in my aviator is the drive I dug without finding a single stone

Know the feeling Rodney. Blisters, backaches and exhaustion far outnumber the valuable stones 8.( .

Of course, the fact that they're bloody hard to find and really good ones even harder to find is what makes them gemstones I guess.

Latest posts