2016 hunts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a bit light on in terms of coil time for the last fortnight few dollars and treasures here and there nothing to brag about. So I got my first real swing in today with the blessing of Mrs GT because I've been on best behavior (valentines, a market day, an expo and a day in the city phew).

Flew down through the hills and stopped in at a clearing sale I had been looking forward to for weeks, haven't been to an auction for a long while, and it was at a beautiful old property. Brought a heap of things and alas not enough to get some good will out of the owners for a detect, but not everything goes your own way. The local park gave up a few stray coins but nothing of note. The coffee at the local shops cost me more than the ground gave up. Stopped at Ghin Ghin for a bit of a gander.

Headed back to the shed on my block, a lazy 2 hour drive, and unloaded the car, and returned to the old railway station confident I still had a few finds left. A walked a country mile to avoid the stand over neighbour but kept my brothers number on speed dial in case of trouble.

I had one last back corner I hadn't really had a good go at so armed with the little coil I pushed into the trash. Well around 2 hours flew by and the finds did come. Scored a few more bag seals, a completed toasted, half penny, more melted lead than was sane, some lead washers (or nail head/washers) bits of brass, copper, 2 shotgun shell heads, 22 spent cartridge, buckle? and another key. I don't know if the key made my pocket because it's missing from the finds once I got home.

Headed back to the car only to run into the mother/mother in law of the neighbors who let me have it. I'm pretty sure I'm done so I kept walking after some words were quickly exchanged and she dutifully took my rego. The old station has been good to me. I'll get some pics up after I give some of the finds a good clean.

Sounded like a pretty hectic day between the shopping and detecting, pity it was spoilt by the local nosey parker making a scene. :|

Latest posts