⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Hawkear,

Sorry if I am "telling grandma how to suck eggs" but it sounds like you would prefer to have the Threshold on whilst you have the 6000 in Auto or Auto+ ? You can do that by long pressing the Normal/Difficult button for 2.5 seconds.

I really disliked the Threshold off when I had the 6000 as I am sure it misses targets, but my mother only ever uses hers with Threshold off as she hates the noise.

Again, sorry if I'm telling you something you already know 👍
Not at all Northeast, Relatively new to the 6 and learning by experience. Like most guys I’m a “who needs to read a manual guy” and hadn’t read that the soil button was a way of turning on threshold in auto and vice versa turning it off in manual.
I actually prefer to have the threshold off and not having to continually deal with noise variations. I used to run my 2100 and most of my earlier machines silent by turning down the threshold until barely audible and then just twitching the threshold control until just below audibility. Worked well for me.
After your post I went out and tried the auto settings with threshold on but also experimented with the maximum manual setting with threshold off. That produced three small nuggets from the Hard hills which is another very thrashed area of Wedderburn. I did however seem to get a bit of interference that was not evident in the silent auto settings.
A bit more work to be done there, but thanks for the advice.IMG_20241005_210520455_HDR.jpg

Latest posts