⭐ Gemstone & Mineral Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, plenty more out there. I've got plenty I wish were cuttable, some nice looking ones I thought were and are'nt. Just got to keep at it, next shovel could be the one.

Yep it lost all its magic, here are some pics to compare in terms of size. Cant find my scales but the blue saph is 1.93 carat, green ones almost twice the size.

1404289946_compare1a.jpg

1404289965_compare1b.jpg

1404289987_compare1c.jpg

1404290004_compare1d.jpg

Would probably look ok in a blokes ring, liking it more the more I see it, not great colour but yeah a blokes ring might suit it, might look better set too as a contrast with the metal.

Blue stone looks awesome! Hoping I've got 1 that cuts as nice.

tks Heatho, yeah I was thinking blokes ring or necklace. Becasue it has a jade colour might look good with gold!

Yep blue one is a real deep blue.

Few stones my mate just got back from Lamberts. They look great in the pic, will hopefully see them and get a good look tonight or tomorrow. The largest 3 clear ones are Topaz, there are a few Garnets, a bunch of Zircons and quite a few Sapphires also. He bought a jar of Garnets, Topaz and a few other stones from a mate up there. Though most of the Zircon and all of the Sapphs were found by my mate.

My first parcel is half way through cutting also. :)

1404353465_img_0378.jpg

He's stoked with them. So keen to get mine back, a few weeks and they should be done. Will post pics when they arrive. The Zircons really look great I think, so keen to find some bigger ones.

Not sure, we havn't discussed prices yet as this is the first stone he has cut........ But he surprised me with how good a job he has done, nearly choked on the kebab he bought me when he put in on the table. :)

He put quite a few hours into it, about 8 in total I think.

In Thailand not much, maybe $5, in Australia it would be a lot more. You get what you pay for though in this regard, the Thais do a good job but on an industrial type scale.

Green is good, I used to get a bit of chyrsophase when in Kal but Ive never seen anyone on this forum talk about it.

Latest posts