⭐ Gemstone & Mineral Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found a few nice ones on the weekend but especially happy with this one. What do you think? :)
1405898173_new.jpg
1405898193_new1.jpg
1405898208_new2.jpg

Nice... Might get a two plus carat round out of that .. Any cracks or feathers in it?looks at least 5 carat...

thanks everyone :)
Kingsolomom, i have NO idea, i don't have scales and i'm not experienced enough to see the flaws yet. i'm going to take it to the local lapidary club or where Colin suggested and see if i can get any help there :)

this is the rest of the bunch, you can see why that one stood out but the others have some lovely colour to them
:)
1406072853_hand.jpg

Nice handful of stones there Spud, I can remember a time you were feeling sorry for yourself not being able to find any, now you have the makings of a pretty impressive brag tin. Well done.

Where did you end up finding success, GG or WG?

Diamonds Lefty, I'm pretty sure the top one certainly is. Well done Varts, are they from Copeton/Bingara area? Any decent size to them?

They are lovely Varts! Do Australian diamonds have the same $$ value as others? As in would you be able to sell them if you wanted to?
Haha wally im still complaining LOL , yep that lot was from GG I have another nice lot ill get some pics of as well :)

I hope so, its so exciting every time I find one, even if its teeny tiny it boosts me to keep going lol
I need to get that re-sized it keeps spinning on my finger and im going to end up losing it one day!

Is black light the same as uv? I thought that was just for rubys? What will a black light do for a sapphire?

sorry i meant back light as in putting a light behind them to see flaws or colour change when they get more light through them

when they are cut it brings more light in to the stone to produce more brilliance but a small LED torch or Iphone can have the same affect before cutting

in their natural state they can have a dull lustre from being tumbled in the river so that torch light gives you a sneak peak of their cutting prospects

keep following your instincts . you kick butttt :D

ahhh awesome ta!
i have a big uv light from my fish tank i might pop under a glass table and look through that. have to do a bit of research into flaws to work out what im looking for :)

Latest posts