⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mdv said:
JeffP said:
MJB said:
awesome little nuggy there Jeff...get back there before someone else does
Private property and I am the only one allowed there :cool:

Well done, and lucky you to have access to private property. I am similarly blessed with private property access but since early success, pickers have lately been avoiding me.

My early success came from a small longitudinal crevice in creek bedrock that coughed up 9 little pickers - see https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=13081#p13081. Was I happy or what? :p

Leeches cannot climb gum boots.
They are nice mate , I am hoping there are more like that in this hole . As for the leeches ,, they can crawl onto arms that are submerged up to the elbow ;)
Have been told to smear Kero on my arms or Bushman Repellent , might do both :lol:

Every morning I read a GG&T magazine with my morning coffee and came across this article written in November 2002.
I though I would post the cover pic for you all to drool over.

1430785767_shoalhaven.jpg

Note the writing style DrDuck?
It doesn't take long to change between decades.

I have every GG&T Magazine since the mid 80s [missing one or two like everyone else with the collection]
and read one every morning in chronological order.
When I am at the end of the library, I start again.
Fascinating stuff.

Ummm ... hate to be a stickler, but ... copyright issues? If back issues are still available, someone is going to be upset - best to avoid the litigation and keep such sharing a private thing.

What a cracker of a day! Gorgeous weather! it was very surreal with thick fog down the creek this morning...spectacular!!!
I did a quick survey of the flood damage and found this baby sitting with drift wood...
1430888835_1430888986513.jpg

A.C.A.NOLET...aromatic schnapps.
Then i tested a lil hilly spot found some wash layer took a bucket or two back and tested in me lil ripple sluice and bamo!!
1430889129_1430889285456.jpg

It caught it all at the very front and i was fully smashing it in flooding it...happy days. :D

Hahaha-----your---bloody---nuts!! ;) :D
I was only limping till i jumped in the swollen creek with my wagon and floated down to my new spot! Crawled up the bank and there it was! Truth is i was buggered after the dip. Hahahaha :p just my lucky day

Your day sounds more fun than mine, this stay at home gig might be worth investigating ... dont think I could handle another kid though

I guess ill have to keep an eye open for pickers when using classifying screens from now on. Found this little beauty in the screen, I've always loaded up the screens trying to get rid of the larger stones and given it a quick glance before throwing out. The little creek i'm in at the moment has given up a few bigger bits as well.

IMG_1287.jpg

Latest posts