Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
today i cooked a bag of silica gel

:8

and feeling a tad green coz i ate half my soup / casserole before i noticed the gel bag in my bowl

thats what happens when you tip a whole bag of noodles in the slow cooker without looking

:|

DrDuck said:
I'm lucky to have a friend with a truffle farm. Here is 300g of truffles I got recently. Having too much truffle is a rare problem for a cook. I gave some away and made some things to preserve the flavor and aroma for later use.

There is a is a pic of the truffle on a plate, a nice pile of shaved truffle and a little garlic for truffle butter, and truffled triple brie in preparation. Bits and pieces went into truffle vodka. These are all good ways to preserve the truffle for later use.

These things really are black gold, and the plate would be something like $400 to $600 worth, if I had to pay for them.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/158/1407408307_chopped_tuffles.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/158/1407408307_truffle_triple_brie.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/158/1407408307_truffles_on_a_plate.jpg

clever fellow

camembert cheese is very underated for layering flavours and aromas :p :p :p

Seared tuna with Cajun spices, green beans with olive oil and toasted pine nuts, baba ganoush
1408885407_seared_tuna.jpg
on top.

Gday Doc, you know how they say a picture tells a thousand words? I look at your mugg , and dont see a kareoke singer nor a truffle connoisseur /master chef :lol: so much for that theory.
Never judge a book by its cover ... That works ...
Good onya mate ... You make lots of us drool ... :p
What are we having for dinner tonight?
Cheers darren

Hey Ramjet do you make it to your taste (hotness) or do you do a sliding scale from mild to ringstinger?

HeadsUp said:

My Thai girlfriend is visiting at the moment , she says she can eat anything I cook but only lets me cook 2 Thai dishes, larb ( minced meat salad) and som tum (shredded green paw paw salad) oh and khao niew (sticky rice) I have to get it right or she takes over :cool:

and it was most definately aroy (delicious)

outboard said:
HeadsUp said:

My Thai girlfriend is visiting at the moment , she says she can eat anything I cook but only lets me cook 2 Thai dishes, larb ( minced meat salad) and som tum (shredded green paw paw salad) oh and khao niew (sticky rice) I have to get it right or she takes over :cool:

and it was most definately aroy (delicious)

I might have got my Thai wrong

Aloi - yummy

Lai Lai - alot

If you chop up 1kg of green paw paw and 1 kg of red chilli , mix in a bowl with a little soy , vinegar , salt and lemon juice she would probably happily eat it even while tears pour down her face like a waterfall
Depends which part of the country she is from , better ask her first :D

HeadsUp said:
If you chop up 1kg of green paw paw and 1 kg of red chilli , mix in a bowl with a little soy , vinegar , salt and lemon juice she would probably happily eat it even while tears pour down her face like a waterfall
Depends which part of the country she is from , better ask her first :D

Issan, and yep she sure does like the chilli

Latest posts