X-Terra 305 UNBELIEVABLE RICHES

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, found a beaut spot for a swing tomorrow between showers, can't smegging wait, place is as old as god's dog, and well off the beaten track.

Swing go the coils boys, swing swing swing
Ears wide open for the sweet golden ping
The swinger digs down deep and is greeted by a glow
And curses the old ringpull with a bare bellied NOO!

Thank you, thank you, I'm here all night. :8

TheSilentBugler said:
Just found a nice 96 page PDF guide, much better than the included manual.

Just FYI, covers all the x-terras, by Randy Horton. Sure many of you experts don't need it, but some good stuff for the noobs.

https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/43283/Understanding your X-TERRA A4 size.pdf

Might need to register to get at it, but some good reading there

:cool:

I've had that guide for some years now, it is indeed great to learn from the masters like Randy Horton. Good reference material.
The included manual is just for technical specification about the machine not how to detect with it.
Good start (SilentBugler) :D

Went better this arvo, $27.85 in spendables in a park/tot lot, and about 700000kg of aluminium in the form of cans, foil, and ring pulls.
No pics, coz I had to buy bourbon on the way home.

Didn't make it to the historic site because the "few minutes on the way" park was chockas.

Did see some huge storm damage in the nearby beach, gonna crack out the 2300 for a hunt there tomorrowday.

Yesterday's "chain" was some kind of frankensetein electical arrangement. a chain of spade connectors on bare wire.

I can just picture his face, just like the bank manager when I took $700 in ugly coins into his branch, he looked horrified........ goldies were mainly good but the others, ewwww.

I wire brush the worst of them, hold them in vice, and a quick rub, with a toothbrush sized wirebrush. Just gave coles 20 bucks worth this morning. My record is 18 bucks on one hunt, so your killing it allready :)

The coles self serve machines love these old manky coins!
I was planning a beach run today but its raining. Does anyone know any good indoors parks to hit in Sydney?

Lots of grocery stores in the states have coin machines you take in your loose change drop it in the hopper and it calculates the paper total and spits it out.. We need some of them here. A lot of banks here charge to count your coins, which I think is a rip off.
If you know some one works in a club or pub they have coin counting machines sometimes as well..

Done bugger all swinging over the past 10 days, perhaps 2 hours between showers.

Nothing but spendables maybe $10 in the manky coins bucket and junk, but that will change when that rare phenomenon the northerners call "sunshine" happens. :|

At least the ground is soft for digging, could dig a posthole with a plastic spoon in my back yard.

good to see the 305 doing well, i am picking up one fairly cheaply this afternoon, my normal detector hates emi so the 305 is for parks etc was worried how they went but this is making me want to leave work early, not go to the workshop to fix my 4x4 and just go dirt fishin

They work well enough in the park, or dry sand. For the price point I reckon they're a cracker (mine was a combo deal, so I've convinced myself it was free).

Do get envious of the higher end relic/coin machines though.

free is great! lol
what type of depth you get from it?
i am a garret guy at heart but i don't like missing out on park treasure and am heart set on finding my first silver pre. dec. so have decided to get the minelab

Depth depends on so much, dug to deeper than the length my pinpointer for a squashed can. does that count?

My hunting areas are primarily modern, and I tend to not dig unless the x-pointer goes off. Typically under 3 inches is all I'm up for, I don't want to shite where I eat so an very concious of damaging ground.

If I were to be buying a detector now though It wouldn't be a 305 probably, I'd stretch for the 705(eliptical coil model), or other manufacturers' equivalent models.

That being said, it wouldn't take long with a bit of luck* to chase enough coins to upgrade to a better rig and flog the 305 later :D

*YMMV