WOW!!! Something worth checking out!!!!!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good video, thanks for that Lee, good to see gold coming out of the ground from up here in N.Q. It's giving me the motivation to head out detecting again for some gold up here in N.Q.

Thanks for sharing Lee, just finished watching the whole 2 hours and wish I was there, very entertaining and enjoyable to watch.
That Tremain is a character :lol:

Cheers Lee

A couple of great hours spent there , the bug is biting more than ever now :D

Great share

Mate top video I'm half way through it and they are a couple of real tough guys and girl.These guy's are "Professionals" & put in the hard work to make it pay!!!
is spot on. I was sweating watching them work :).They seem to be very knowledgeable and know their stuff. I think using horses or donkeys like the old timers might be a better way to get to some of those gullies.

Don't forget that most of the country up there is under pastoral/mining lease or epm....
You will need permission....

Man that's an awesome vid. Saved to my collection. I just came from up that way too and unfortunately couldn't find anywhere to legally go prospecting. Having been rejected permission I eventually headed off.

Great insight into there way of life up there Lee, shows that there can be reward for effort if you know what you are doing and are prepared to put the work in.

I am with you golddigg. Missus is working tonight kids going to bed earlyish (maybe) beer and ipad.

Good video, will have to keep my eyes open for those characters around the place. Have a fair idea of where they were, though its hard to be exact since all the red dirt hills look the same.
Amazed by the amount of nuggets they found in what was probably a weeks work.

Simmo said:
Don't forget that most of the country up there is under pastoral/mining lease or epm....
i found the sardine tin comment interesting!

20xwater said:
Simmo said:
i found the sardine tin comment interesting!

Hey Mate
Am I missing something???? was there a reference to sardine tins in the VID ??? a bit to cryptic for me mate, help me out? :) ;)
Lee

Lee,

I think they said mackerel cans in reference to someone who follows them around poaching their spots, they stated that they should bury some mackerel cans in their deep holes that gold come out of to keep the high graders busy! :lol:

Retirement Stone said:
Lee,

I think they said mackerel cans in reference to someone who follows them around poaching their spots, they stated that they should bury some mackerel cans in their deep holes that gold come out of to keep the high graders busy! :lol:

Oh Okay that makes sense, the audio was a bit low on my lap top, anyone else think the audio was a bit quite at times mostly when the guy talking was away from the camera a bit.
cheers
Lee

Latest posts