Whites TDI Pro Oz Wanted

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Is there a Whites TDI Pro Oz lurking around out there that is for sale?

I was bidding on that but the price has gone over fifteen hundred and the bidder looks as though he will keep going.

Am not going to that price on a 2010 model. $1300 max.

Probably around the $1350 mark. But because decent used models are so rare, as usual, they'll pull the cash. As was demonstrated.

But the TDI SL, is very good. If you could snag one of those, as I'm endeavouring to do as we speak, you would be very pleased with it.

Cheers....Robin

I don't think that a TDI Pro Oz will an extra coil (esp a Razorback) in good condition is over the top. One of those coils alone would set you back a few hundred.

Was 2010 a bad year for TDI's or something?

Haven't seen a TDI oz pro sell on ebay for less than 1500$ with a standard coil for months (do a completed items search). Let alone a 280$ razorback. GL with it though.

SunriseBoy said:
I was bidding on that but the price has gone over fifteen hundred and the bidder looks as though he will keep going.

Am not going to that price on a 2010 model. $1300 max.

What's wrong with a 2010 TDI mate? Or was it just the age that put you off?

I got a bit edgy when I contacted the seller and found out it was five years old. It made me think twice that he wasn't up-front with its age. Mind you, it did have a brilliant coil with it; so perhaps the street-wise among us could see better than me.

It's also interesting to note that there were only five bidders on the unit. The guy that got it waited until the last seconds of the auction and landed it. So even if I did want it, I wouldn't have been clever enough to beat that guy.

Alot do that, dont bid until last 10 seconds. Another option is to search by newly list pick up a buy it now if price is right, before others see it.

Thanks for that. It's an activity at which I'm very awkward and miss out on most of the auctions.

And you're right, the buy now is the way to go.

Cheers for that.

These machines are close to $2700 brand new aren't they, so with the razorback coil (200-300 bucks) getting the detector $1600 is a bit of a bargain I would have thought?

You're right; some would see this as a good price; but I held back because I could see the price going a fair way more if I had of kept bidding.

Nuggetbuster said:
I don't think that $1620 for a TDI Pro Oz with an extra coil (especially a Razorback) in good condition is over the top. One of those coils alone would set you back a few hundred.

Was 2010 a bad year for TDI's or something?

That's how my post was supposed to read. Typing on my phone can be awkward.

Thanks for that GD. Yes, it's been up there for a while. I've just offered him $1500. That one on eBay went for 1600 with the Razorback; so you are very astute on that price.

Let's see what happens.

PI detectors across all brands just took a hit because of the re release of the GPX4500 new at $3299.

This pushed the price of the earlier model Minelabs down to TDI pricing, so I think 1600ish is about the value.

The Garrett ATX will have to price adjust or it'll be a hard sell against the 4500

I really don't get this whole PI situation. ML and Garrett are selling stuff from ten years ago at breath-taking prices. The detectors appear dumb enough to pay!

Judging from what I've read and heard from various prospectors; many find gold regularly with detectors under a grand.

Anyway, I've lined up this TDI SL and am happy to ignore the mantras of ML and Garrett adherents, suggesting, if you haven't got one of those two brands you aren't a serious detector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts