Well it finally happened. I just joined the club!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the club mate :Y: . Great condition too, and a harder to get date, worth quite a few $$ more over gold value :Y: :Y: .

goldwright said:
Great work, full sov too.

Yep i was a bit worried until i found out for sure as nothing is written on it. So happy its a full. I was told that the half sovs are harder to find than a full so thats next on my list

Well i took a drive to where the gold sovereign i found was minted, my hometown Perth mint.
I took the Sov in there to show them and try get a nice case for it . They all were really great, loved the story and gave me this realy nice case and capsule for the sov. Looks really great now!
Untitled by Marc Russo, on Flickr

I've watched all marcs vids and I reckon that they're all genuine finds but like he said, it would be impossible to film every target dug and he only gets the camera out once he's pretty sure there's something good in the hole.

there are always two sides to the coin ;)

i for one can understand the scepticism :eek:

you do film everything, in saying this i don't give a rats :zzz: :zzz: power to you :power: :fistpump:

but do bare in mind that others WILL be sceptical ;)

Thanks guys, as i was saying, to me i know the find is 100% legit and thats all that matters after so long trying to find one and even if i filmed the target from the very first getting the signal to digging it people would of said " Oh gee you just happened to have the phone out and just happened to film it. No matter what i will always get people doubt it. From my sailfish capture off a 50ft cliff at steep point when i was 17 to the gold pocket watch we found sunbaking in great condition there is no way to prove 100% the finds are legit. I dont film this stuff for any other reason but to show off my true finds that i put so much effort and time into finding and something i can look back on to remember and love to inspire others to get up and out there to enjoy this great hobby.
As you can see in the start of the video this location is jam packed full of signals , so much lead that its not funny, so many 303 shells that there is no way on earth im going to stop, get gloves off, get my phone out film and dig every target one handed and waits so much valuable time to film it when 80% of the time the target is junk.
As i was saying there is no reason to plant or stage any targets, ive been approached by Garret, Mine lab and a prospecting shop here in Perth to discuss "Something that will interest me" but i do this as a hobby and i know once you step into that side of things you obliged to wear and use the gear they supply , put out videos a certin amount of times a week and who knows what else so im not doing these vids to get that kind of interest either. I will end it by saying that i can expect people to doubt a find and thats fine but dont come along and say i staged and and "congratulations" to me thats an insult. Im starting to rethink posting on my youtube chanel now and just keeping the videos for my self just like many others who have been through exactly this. Thanks everyone else for your support

Dave79 said:
I've watched all marcs vids and I reckon that they're all genuine finds but like he said, it would be impossible to film every target dug and he only gets the camera out once he's pretty sure there's something good in the hole.

Thanks mate, i appreciate it, i cant say to much about this location just now, in a few years i will blow the lid on this spot as just about all my finds are from this one location no joke. Epic is an understatement. Lots more to go but as you can see from the start of the video there are sooo many targets and it will keep me and the mrs busy for the next 10yrs no joke haha. Its not often you find a location where no ones been since the 1930s jam packed with goodies

Latest posts