Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Havinago said:
Stop posting you guys are making me sooooooo hungry, i'm going to make some fish cakes now with some jewfish that i caught 2 nights ago along with some crumbed whiting fillets ;)

Sounds delicious Havinago!

Remember to take some photo's or it didn't happen ha ha :D

Cheers,

Billy.

Will do, the better half has gone down to get some ingredients so will tease the taste buds later tonight ;)

Didnt do the whiting fillets but i did do the Thai fish (jewfish) cakes tonight, we've got the 10yr old nephew over at the moment and he reckons they were better than the ones he had at the restaurant :8 , I must say they were pretty good :cool:

Havinago said:
Didnt do the whiting fillets but i did do the Thai fish (jewfish) cakes tonight, we've got the 10yr old nephew over at the moment and he reckons they were better than the ones he had at the restaurant :8 , I must say they were pretty good :cool:

http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr204/havinago1/Prospecting/IMG_4050_zpssxnkfai5.jpg

http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr204/havinago1/Prospecting/IMG_4051_zpsbfdzjilr.jpg

Looks most tasty indeed Havinago!

Thanks for making me hungry again ha ha may have to fire the grill up tomorrow :cool:

To cook the beef that I won at the club earlier :lol:

Cheers,

Billy.

EDIT: What are the yummy stuffed little red things?

Ramjet said:
Uncle Bob said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2700/1447051700__20151108_221803.jpgG'day Ramjet,

I gave your recipe a try, the smoked BBQ sauce.
I gave it a little tweek. Firstly, I smoked the chllies and the onions and used more sugar and vinegar and also instead of using canned tomato and tomato paste I just used a whole bottle of tomato passata, about 600ml bottle. So thanks for the recipe. By the way, the chilies are - jalapeno and Thai chilies. So far I've used this sauce on chicken wings, thighs and on hamburgers and snags. Thanks for this great recipe.
Cheers,
Uncle Bob :)

Sounds like a winner Bob. :D

Hey Ramjet,
Yep your recipe is a winner alright.
It's also great using this sauce for chilli fries.

You could say it's a good all round sauce.
Very versatile :D
I mainly make chilli sauce and mango chilli sauce and a jam when I can but yours has more uses.
Cheers, UB

last night i made my first jerky in a smoker..was a big hit with the family, honey soy and garlic was one and teriyaki was the other smoked with hickory..

Last night Mrs Silver(skinned all the tomatoes for me) and I(did the rest) made tomatoe and capsicum sauce,.. sort of like fountain spicy red sauce,.... I would post a photo,...but. :rolleyes: :lol: :D
Made 9 normal bottles up and one large bottle(700 ml 41 rum bottle full),... the large bottle looks really nice too. :p
Tastes like you could just drink it down(that nice). ;)

Here is a photo of some of the capsicum/tomato sauce Mrs Silver and I made the other day,.... the 41 bottle of it is my favourite one(I think I'll keep that one for a long time,....will keep in the cupboard as it was all done properly). :D

1450793315_sam_5072.jpg

You can drink it!!! It complimented my pork steaks fabulously...
Thanx mate gave Benda your care package and he was rapped!
Cant wait to try the rest of the goodies..... ;)

Thanks fellas.
Glad you liked it Yobs,... we try hard to please(ha),... we like to cook things while in a happy frame of mind and with lots of love(makes for good vibes from the food when you eat it I recon),... mind you though, it was darn hard to think nice thoughts while trying to skin the capsicums for that sauce(above post),... so if anyone has the trick for making that easy I'd like to hear about it, almost thought I'd never do that sauce again(until I tasted it myself afterwards), but soon changed my tune on that score(ha).
Yobs,... the beer is a Tooheys new and it's been made into a low carb beer(just so's you and benda know). :D

Love it Silver. I made some the same last year-love that Fountain spicy red- and also some straight capsicum/mild chilli without tomato at all.
I leave the skins on. Cook, cool and puree it batch-by batch through the blender. Re-heat then bottle. :)

I top and toed mine(capsicums) Tim, then steamed the strips for ten minutes and skinned them like fish with the knife sliding along the bench but above the skin(all held down flat),... but because I bought a box of seconds, they were mostly short on one side and fairly ripley, so the strips were very uneven,.. I think that was where my skinning problem lay,... if I'd a only spent that bit more money and got nice full looking capsicums the strips would have been perfect and easier to skin(live and learn). :D

I had all sorts last year Silver. Purple, orange, Bull horns, California wonder, banana chillies, Hungarian wax, Pasilia bajio(sweet brown) Chinese long, Chinese hot, yellow cayenne, purple cayenne, lemon aji. They all did it pretty hard-small and gnarly. A while back I got golden mild chillies from Woolies, out cheap. I pickled them. 50/50 salt water/white vinegar, a cup of sugar. Chillies in. Bring to heat, then jar. Basically it's the same pickling mix I use for my beetroot, (boil beetroot first,skin and slice).

I know for tomatoes you can freeze them. When they defrost the skins come off in one piece-that might work for capsicums too???

I might borrow Mums Nutra Bullett next time and try your trick of skins and all Tim, and see how that works out with the sauce,... It'd be a lot easier and I could use the tops and tails as well, so there'd be a lot less waste,.... probably be a lot more spicy red type consistency too it then as well. :D

Latest posts