Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
loamer said:
Publican Index of 19th Century - Victoria - Manuscript book. Bit tattered but otherwise OK.

Hi Loamer,
Punched that info into the Google machine and it comes up with a great deal of potentially I'm
Net resting info ..... Will check through it as the day progresses (was established for those into family histories).
Cheers Tom

New 5x10" DD eliptical coil for the infinium, 4" round concentric sniper coil and 3x7" DD eliptical coil for the Garrett Scorpion. The 4" round coil is near impossible to find, so happy chappy! :)

An epirb for in case i get lost in search of gold in the outback. Gonna sew it into my detecting harness so I don't leave it behind. Don't wanna end up like lasseter

Some gold pans and a sucker bottle

1387002771_image.jpg

Was good, only a small shop and was quite busy. The owners were very happy and quite surprised at how many people turned up. I turned up at about 11:30ish and they had already sold out of letsches (sp?). So didn't manage to get one unfortunately. But got the pans and a Garrett bum bag - and some free sausages lol. :)

Also signed up to a nsw/act fossicking advocacy group whose name escape me ATM.

Sarn said:
Was good, only a small shop and was quite busy. The owners were very happy and quite surprised at how many people turned up. I turned up at about 11:30ish and they had already sold out of letsches (sp?). So didn't manage to get one unfortunately. But got the pans and a Garrett bum bag - and some free sausages lol. :)

Thanks Sarn. I guess the more prospecting shops = more competition and better for us all.

Ramjet said:
Sarn said:

Thanks Sarn. I guess the more prospecting shops = more competition and better for us all.

It's the only one in Canberra ATM, so I am happy that I have somewhere to go where I can chat to someone about purchases etc. :) online is great, but I am just starting out so I prefer being able to go to a physical shop ATM. :)

Closest to us is Sydney... 2 hours or so. ? Not much in regional NSW.
I'm with you, as in I'd like to chat with the people selling me stuff. Like the personal touch.
A bit old school me thinks :)

Stopped off at Bunnings again[where else] and this took my attention.
n467.jpg

The red unit on top is a vacume pump. I have a wand off an old sprayer with an on/off valve..Looks like the makings of a new crevice sucker [ you can also fit another hose instead of having the pump there if its not appropriate :) ]

ChrisM said:
Stopped off at Bunnings again[where else] and this took my attention.
http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/29/n467.jpg
The red unit on top is a vacume pump. I have a wand off an old sprayer with an on/off valve..Looks like the makings of a new crevice sucker [ you can also fit another hose instead of having the pump there if its not appropriate :) ]

I had the same idea a few weeks ago.
Love to see if this works.

Merry XMas to me :lol:

2 X Garmin Rino 650 GPS on special at Johnny Appleseed = http://www.ja-gps.com.au/garmin/rino-650-gps-uhf-radio/

The ducks guts these are and had my eye on them for a while.
Usual GPS functions with Topo maps.
also can

Tough Combo GPS & 5 watt UHF Transceiver Australian compliant, 80 channels
Unit-to-unit Text Messages
Keep Track of Multiple Contacts
See where everyone is, and navigate to them
Electronic Compass & Barometric Altimeter

1387155703_gps1.jpg

nice one mate - Mrs Redfin can keep an eye on you! More importantly, no more lost yabby nets!!

Mrs Redfin went for a walk the other day and covered many kilometres after finding some ruins and diggings not mapped.
She was sitting and thought of the consequences should she hurt her self.
No phone coverage out there at all.

Meanwhile, back in camp, wickets were falling and so were empty cans. ;)

Latest posts