SDC 2300 Stem removal

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am hoping someone could advise the best way to remove the stem from an SDC2300 as I would like to run an external coil but keep the main detector body intact and hip mount to reduce the mass. Can't see an easy way without damaging the mount.
Thanks..

Hi Rscott , ref ; Stem Removal.
There are two nylon plastic spung clips on each side of the blue shaft shroud the sides with small holes.
One is 50mm up the other 35mm up from the attachment end.
You can see the 50mm one if you peek through into the large round pivoting hole and can be released there with a bent ended small blade driver. The other i used a hacksaw blade and slid it between the square shaft & shroud but ground the blade teeth off first. Possibly two hacksaw blades also will work if you don`t like to bend a small screw driver. The blue shroud seems flexible enough.
A gentle bump with a block of wood and it should release OK.
Sorry for the late reply mate but i`ve been away.

Hi Rscott , ref ; Stem Removal.
There are two nylon plastic spung clips on each side of the blue shaft shroud the sides with small holes.
One is 50mm up the other 35mm up from the attachment end.
You can see the 50mm one if you peek through into the large round pivoting hole and can be released there with a bent ended small blade driver. The other i used a hacksaw blade and slid it between the square shaft & shroud but ground the blade teeth off first. Possibly two hacksaw blades also will work if you don`t like to bend a small screw driver. The blue shroud seems flexible enough.
A gentle bump with a block of wood and it should release OK.
Sorry for the late reply mate but i`ve been away.
Hi Bush, Thanks for that, I'll give it a try as soon as I have some time and let you know how I went, hopefully minimal damage :)

Hi Bush, Thanks for that, I'll give it a try as soon as I have some time and let you know how I went, hopefully minimal damage :)
Yeh ! mate just don`t hit the blue shroud to hard & leave the blades in / over the clips tricky a bit but they do come apart.

Latest posts