Prospecting / Gold Related TV Shows.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right,
got myself something to watch later on today
thanks ramjet

Watching now. Now I know why the greenies hate us. Heavy machines. Big bucks yeah I know. But it's a bit like rapeing the earth for profit ME. I leave no marks remove possible deadly trash & just might save a bit of history. MD in hand. Cheers. Dave.

Was looking forward to it too Doc.

Sad to see they are just season re-runs of 'Yukon Gold' they purchased from the cable companies and simply gave the show a new name!

Bugger......

;)

That's the biggest problem with these kinds of shows. They only show what's dramatic for the viewers, and don't show the whole story. The claims over there require the overburden to be stockpiled separately from the paydirt and on completion of the prospecting has to be replaced back on top of the tailings and re-vegetated by law.

Regeneration is boring viewing as far as television ratings are concerned and therefore is eliminated from the program. This doesn't do public perception much good, and is certainly detrimental to our cause. :/

Wal.

Probably heaps of Indians watching from the bush too,.. I just watched it, and liked that last bag of colour that he folded over before taking it away ! (a lot)

Oh is it any good?

I have watched all of:

Gold Rush
Ice Cold Gold
Gold Rush - Under the ice
Some other random one from Nome

I want:

Prospectors
Klondyke Gold

But wasn't sure what they were like...

Tathradj said:
There is one episode where they do focus on reclamation.
For about 10 minutes.
Knutson family before the dredge grounds. Barely tell they were there. It's win win gold comes out then re forested. Let's not forget alot of ground was dredged up there without rehabilitation. The after show info available on the Web shows they must have enough set aside for rehabilitation as part of the license agreement. Just in case any green leaners want to shout it down.

Just watched the first 5 episodes of season 3 (New series) Yukon Gold
Some new faces this year
And most importantly some really nice gold
Just the motivation i needed before my trip tomorrow

Latest posts